ssiddall

Apr 11, 2002
Hi all,
I'm having a problem with a brake switch I installed on my '00 TT-R250. The brake light works fine with the bike sitting on the stand. The problem comes when I'm riding it. When I get off my bike the brake light is still on.I'm not sure if it happens immediately or not, but the switch is stuck closed after I use the brake until I loosen the banjo bolt. :bang:

I've double checked the wiring. It appears to be connected correctly. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?

TIA,
Scott

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Are you sure it's not your brake lever being stuck a little bit down when you're done riding? You may be able to adjust the sensitivity of the switch. I had a brake light I put on my 01 YZ 250, and I had the exact opposite problem. You had to lock up the rear wheel for the switch to activate the brake light. I ended up removing the light because it kept blowing bulbs.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
ssiddall said:
but the switch is stuck closed after I use the brake until I loosen the banjo bolt. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?
TIA,
Scott

Scott.

Sounds like you may have too much brake fluid in the resevoir or not enough free play in the linkage. On the side of the resevoir there should be two lines or marks. A low fluid level and a high fluid level. Make sure the fluid level is not above the high mark. If there is no air left in the resevoir, it could cause your problem.

Also, check the brake pedal linkage. Make sure there is a little free play in the linkage when the brake is off. If the lever is adjusted to where the plunger in the master cylinder can't return all the way, this can also cause your problem.

Just my $ .02
Good luck. :cool:

Top Bottom