i got my motorcycle endorsement today

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i made 100 on the written test. :) they didn't tell me my score on the driving test, just that i passed. i've been riding about the last six years without the endorsement. i didn't think it was right that i should take the same test twice (still don't). i got my original motorcycle license back in the 70's when i was fourteen. somewhere along the line, they changed the law but i never heard about it until it was too late. some riders got grandfathered in, the rest of us had to retest. i had been pulled over twice and neither time did they say anything about my non-endorsement but then i started getting worried when bswift told me that he got a $200+ ticket. so i just finally bit the bullet and took it over. i tested on my 73 yamaha 125 enduro. i wonder if they've ever tested anyone on anything like that? the next guy in line was on a big cruiser.

i also had to do the fingerprint scanner. first time in my life i've ever been fingerprinted. now i can't get away with anything. :ohmy:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
If the course was anything like the one I did in Illinois, that was the perfect bike to use! I did it on a GSXR and let me tell ya, it wasn't that easy.

Congrads on being "legal" again. :nod:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i had to do about a two mile ride through the city streets. the tester followed me in a car. i had a little one-way radio clipped to my collar so she could tell me what to do. it involved mostly intersections, lane changing, following the speed limit, just basic stuff. it was kinda nerve-wracking seeing those headlights in my mirrors the whole time.

my left-side turn signals don't work on my ascot so i couldn't use it. just about everyone else i know has big cruisers. i didn't want to test on one of those ill-handling tanks so i figured the 125 being nice, light, and agile would be good.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Congrats mx547!

Up here I had a written test for my learner's permit, then a parking lot test after 2 weeks to remove the 60km/h (about 35mph) speed limit restriction, then a road test for my full motorcycle license. I did both riding tests on my dad's 78 XL250S and it was the perfect bike for the tests. There were guys on big cruisers and they had a hell of time just managing the bike. My biggest issue was staying seated, keeping my feet on the pegs and resisting the urge to ride like I do offroad. I'm rather happy to report I got a perfect score on the road test without signal lights (blew the flasher unit on the way to the test, had to use hand signals).

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Congrats! I passed the written test no problem, but failed the "road" test the first time. Had the cones in the parking lot thing. Unlike SpeedyManiac I wasn't able to resist the urge to ride somewhat aggressive. I went through the 90degree turn and kinda accidently put my foot out for the turn and rode with my elbows up. The instructor kinda frowned on that and told me that when I learn to ride a streetbike he would retest me. Until I learned to keep my feet on the pegs to not waste his time. My Dad and I stayed out there for 2 hours afterwards practicing the course.
I retook the test two days later and passed with flying colors. I did this on the 250 Ninja I had at the time. Great bike for the test!

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
The road test for all of you sounds a lot more difficult than the one I took in Louisiana. I took mine on a XR650L and the instructor stood in the parking lot and told me to ride around the building while she watched. When I rounded the corner of the building to come back to the stopping point she wasn't there. I parked went back inside and she was finishing up my paperwork. I guess she figured if I made it back inside I did alright. It was quite a joke.

Mark

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
mx547 said:
i made 100 on the written test. :)
I got 100 on the written as well. I was pretty tickled, since I coulda swore I missed at least a couple. Now I have a learner's permit 'til November. I've been riding Vic (525EXC) to work lately, and haven't got pulled over yet. I may use my bud's Honda SL125 for the test, unless I can get a mirror and brake light for Vic before the test comes around. I'd use my brother's scooter, but the lights ain't workin' on it.

It'd rock out, though, to show up on Vic while all these donks are trying to maneuver the course (they do it in a parking lot here like you had to in Illinois, Okie) on a big ol' electra-glide. :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I was like Jay, I got my license at 14. Did my "retest" on a Warrior. Never took it out of 2nd gear. Beats the $250.00 fine!

Top Bottom