reddragon737

Nov 26, 2005
i have a 2000 125sx, this problem just started... when i have the clutch lever pulled all the way in and the bike in gear it the engine is still engaging...i flushed the hydraulic fluid, thinking that may solve the problem, but it made no difference...any suggestions, can i tighten it up somehow????

help

bleeds

Oct 17, 2005
Not sure about what yours might be, but mine was the clutch basket finger were grooved a little. I took a small file and lightly filed the grooves flat and it was fixed. But you need to open clutch cover and take the plates out to see if the basket is grooved. Just my 2 cents
Bleeds

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I agree with Bleeds, but if you have to file the basket, start saving for a hinson, cause it's going to wear even faster after you start filing it. Are you sure that you bled all of the air out of the system?

MOgle80

Dec 4, 2005
Voxshall, yes and no. Bleeding the air only applies to KTM ( or any hydraulic ) lever system. You say you own a Honda ? Then the changing clutch oil routine would not involve your cable operated clutch lever. But to check your clutch basket , the engine oil will be drained from the engine and the clutch cover must be removed to inspect for wear grooves first.

njrealtor55

Sep 22, 2005
do you have a std cable operated clutch, or do you have a magura hydrolic clutch? most likely you have a cable operated clutch.

make sure the cable is adjusted correctly. If you still have a problem, check the basket.

If you have a sftermarket hydrolic clutch, there is a possibility that it isn't engaging completly and you are having some drag. you will have to bleed and adjust the system to get full range of motion.

also, note that a engine not warmed up (or not running) will drag the clutch.

sorry if i posted obvious info, but hey - you never know.

Top Bottom