YZ-212

Jan 8, 2003
2003 YZ134

I'm all of a sudden having some issues that I can't figure out. My last ride before the problems was at the dunes. Bike ran great the whole trip. I came home and gave her the typical oil change and cleaning including air filter and put her away for a few weeks. Last week I went riding droped 1 jet size as normal when I go from the dunes to riding near home and when I fired the bike up it was reving like crazy. I close the choke and it would rev even higher. Idle screw had no effect. The only thing that would bring down the idle was the air screw. I had to close the air screw to about 1/2 turn out. Standard that I use is 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. I've never had to change my pilot jet so that isn't the issue, but it seamed that way.

The bike ran great on the pipe at WOT, but we were doing some trails and most of the time I was under half throttle. At the end of the day there was lots of spooge at the pipe joint and at the end of the pipe so she was running way rich. Got home pulled the carb and gave it a good cleaning checked the reeds they were good. Put it all back together and same thing. Reving like crazy. What gives? I'm confused cuz it runs fine on the pipe at WOT, Acting like it's lean at idle but is actually running rich.

What should I look for next?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom