xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
I grew up in San Diego, long before I started to ride dirt bikes, and haven't lived there for several years. I'll be in town from August 16 - 28 and would like to check out some riding down there.

Anyone interested in a ride during that time?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I was thinking of doing the pismo ride on the 21st for the day and meet up with scar?? If not, we can something local maybe.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I can schedule a ride though corral canyon staging at pine valley either the 21st or 22nd. It is about a 50 mi loop. It would have to be early 7:00am-noon. Its getting pretty hot around here now. Would you be bringing a bike with you? If so, the area restrictions are green sticker and spark arrestors. I've never been checked but have heard of people that have been. Let me know who wants to do it and I'll put it together.

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
21st or 22nd at Corral Canyon sounds good to me! My bike is stickered for Wyoming, and I have a matching Wyoming drivers license - and it's my understanding that that's all I need.

It makes no difference for me whether it's Saturday or Sunday seeing as I'm on vacation the whole time anyways, but lets try to do Saturday, maybe I can catch some preseason football on Sunday?

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Ok Sat. the 21st it is. e-mail me at dswainston@netzero.net and I'll get you my cell # so we can hook up when you get to town.

Who else is up for the ride? We will stage at the Pine Valley exit off the 8 frwy.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Isn't that like 2 clicks from the Arizona border!? Okay, let me weigh this....beach sand or africa hot sand......hmmmmmmmm. Keep us posted so I can decide either way, thanks! :)

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Isn't that like 2 clicks from the Arizona border!? Okay, let me weigh this....beach sand or africa hot sand......hmmmmmmmm.

It's not that far east. Its only 40 mins from San Diego (30 mins for me) and its at about 3,800 ft elevation. So, as long as we get going early it won't be that bad but I would advise bringing some water. Not much sand but It will probablly be a little dusty unless we get some thunderstorms through that area which occassionaly happen. The terrain will be a mixture of fire roads and single track and is a bit rocky in sections but it's a pretty good ride that should end up being about a 50+ mi loop.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Alright, thanks tree. :) I'll stay in touch on it.

Top Bottom