Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
MX Injury Update

It's been a pretty tough few days as far as injuries are concerned here in Southern California. This morning we picked up the phone and began dialing around to check in on the medical condition of a number of riders...

On the start straight of the opening moto of the Glen Helen National, Frenchman Rodrig Thain tangled with Mike Brown and Branden Jesseman. While Brown and Jesseman were able to get up and get going, Thain remained on the ground for several minutes before finally being helped to his feet. Fortunately, according to OMS Sports public relations minister Pat Schutte, Thain will be back to action immediately. "He's at home with the wife and kids," said the press man.

Wife and kids? "That's what they say down at the Carson Valley Fair when a guy is okay after a big demolition derby crash," explained the always serious Schutte. "Rodrig juts twisted his ankle. He'll be back this weekend at Sacramento."

Team Honda rider Nathan Ramsey, who suffered an arm injury immediately prior to Glen Helen, is apparently still healing. "Ramsey is listed as day-to-day," said Schutte. He still has some problems with his elbow, and we're not sure if he'll be back for Hangtown."

Mike LaRocco, who pulled out of the National due to lingering problems with his injured wrist, appears doubtful for Hangtown. "Mike's not at 100%, and like he's told a number of people, he can't compete at this level of the sport unless he's at 100%," offered Schutte. "I mean, Mike doesn't want to come back at 70%!"

Schutte went on to say that privateer racer Dave Castillo broke both his collarbones while jumping at Castillo Ranch, located between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo, California. "Dave was doing a huge jump and went way-large at over 250 feet," explained Schweitzer. "When he landed the wheel just disintegrated and the sub-frame cracked. I think the wind picked him up while he was in the air. Nobody crashed on the jump before, and it seemed like Dave was up in the air for days. The crash was worse than Seth Enslow's jump. It was the biggest and highest jump I've ever seen anyone do." Schweitzer went on to say that Castillo was doing okay and that there were no further injuries. Also jumping at the Moto XXX Castillo Ranch shoot were Kyle Lewis, Larry Ward and "Mad" Mike Jones.

Moto XXX foot soldier Jay Schweitzer phoned in to tell us that 250cc team rider Nick Wey will be missing in action for quite some time. "He'll probably be ready to go for the last four outdoor rounds," said Schweitzer. "He already had a minor tear in his ACL, then went out and tore his meniscus. He'll be out for at least nine weeks because he needs surgery. We're pretty bummed about the whole thing, because Nick was riding really well."

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Billy... tell Dave he can join us "spuds" if he's done going big. 250' :scream:

(If you don't know the name Castillo, think kneebraces)

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
That jump he wadded on is actually safe and very fun, it's a like 100 yard up hill with a little lip at the top, then like 60 feet of flat, then a slightly steep down hill forever. The landing is pretty smooth even when you get up past a 100 feet, but 250 :silly:, I know he didn't mean to go that far Mister, and if it weren't for his front wheel blowing up he would be fine.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Caught this at racer-x this morning:

Nick Wey out for three months or more

Taken from NickWey.com:
"Well fans I would like to be writing about how I holeshot and ran away with both motos, but Glen Helen 2002 was not meant to be. While testing for the Outdoor Nationals, I reinjured a knee that has been bothering me since October. I saw a couple of very credible doctors in California. Both doctors told me that I needed to have surgery to fix my meniscus and ACL. I decided to come home to Michigan to get it fixed and start my rehab. The bad news is that the recovery time for this sort of injury is between 3-5 months. Barring some sort of miracle, my Outdoor National season is over before I even got a chance to race. I am very disappointed, but determined to make a speedy recovery. Hopefully, I will be able to make it back sooner than diagnosed, so I can put the Yamaha Moto XXX bike up near the front. I would like to thank all my sponsors and fans for their continued support!! Without the help of great sponsors like Moto XXX, Yamaha, Maxxis Tires, O'Neal, and many more, I would not have been able to be top 250 privateer of the 2002 Supercross Series."

:( :(

Top Bottom