Is my wife smarter than I am?????

Bruce

~SPONSOR~
Nov 12, 1999
Is my wife smarter than I am????? Oooh my knee hurts.

I need your opinion oh wise ones.
Season's starting to get shorter, and I'm running out of riding time before the brutal cold starts and the snow flies.

Had ACL surgery 12 years ago and my knees been kinda ok. BUT, three weeks ago the pain in what is probably the medial meniscus has started and now I have to wear my old ACL brace while at work (desk jockey).

I went riding last Sunday, with the brace and experienced moderate pain, but it has gotten steadily worse over the week.

Now the wife part: she says I'm insane to go riding with my young son this weekend (will be just putting around) as I will just exacerbate the situation and she doesn't want to put up with my "constant bellyaching".

Also just heard from my GP who received my xray and wants to see me.
Should I go riding?????

I am afraid that if I don't go this weekend, I'll miss out the rest of the year as they may have to operate again.

Some advice please... and soon, it's almost 3:30 in the pm here and I'm leaving for home in a coupla hours.

Last edited:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
One slip and you're toast. Seems like I always get hurt the most on those slow speed crashes where you get up and say "now how did that happen??"

Your wife is right....better to admit it now...than have her tell it to you if you get hurt again.

All that aside...go riding...this is what we do.

Pantera

Nov 25, 2001
I hate when they are right.It happens too often around here.Even if you do go riding,you wont ride with a clear mind knowing that she will be right if you hurt it.Do you want to risk it?

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
Sounds like you really want to ride, and your wife is in a win win situation. If you hurt it she will give you the "I told you so" :silly: , and if you don't, but it's tender from riding, she wont have to hear you belly-ache, because you don't want the "I told you so" :silly: routine.
If it were me I would probably tape it up and ride, and let the chips fall where they may, but everybody knows about the old proverbial sore thumb.
Good Luck!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom