BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I went to JRP MX in west Tulsa today and was a bit disappointed.  The track layout is great but the jump faces were, well, they sucked.  To clear some of the jumps you really had to haul butt then you couldn't slow down to make the turn.  It was very dusty as well.
The good news is that I talked to one the the guys that will be doing maintenance on the track.  He has heard the same comments many times and they are going to do there best to make improvements.  A dozer is scheduled for next week to re-face all of the jumps.  They intend to keep this track a beginner to intermediate level track.  The track is open daily but the conditions will be best just after a race day.  The new schedule is posted on MXStates.  I'll go again after TurkeyDay and see if it has improved.

B

biglou

I keep telling my local promoter that I want an "old man" track to ride on! Too many vertical take-off's into do-or-die landings. Some of the take-off's are too steep to roll over with any amount of grace. Takes the fun and any chance of me racing that track right out of it. Merwin has one of those right now, and that sucks because that is my home track. I am trying to talk him into rounding that one over and keeping his other track as the SX style track. Other than the one double, Merwin is a very "outdoor national" type track. A good, fast track with decent jumps for the average Joe (or Lou, or Brian! ;) ).

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by BSWIFT
I'll go again after TurkeyDay and see if it has improved.

Brian, isn't there a planned ride at the 500 the day after Thanksgiving? Read this thread in the HS Forum...

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65287

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom