Kansas City Off road (woods) riding areas

cloverdale

Mar 4, 2000
I will be spending Christmas week in Kansas City (Overland Park). Hoping to find a riding area/park close to where I am staying (woods/trails...not MX). Are there any in the area..?
Thanks

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
You are in luck, there is a riding area in Merwin MO. The area has a motox track(outdoor national style) and woods loops also. There was just a harescramble there yesterday so the markings should still be good the rest of the month. It is all **** width trails no real nasty single track but fun riding and is about 40minutes south of Overland Park. Put a post out when you have riding days nailed down and I'm sure we can round up some of our local KC riding group to ride w/ya.
Lake Perry in Lawrence Kansas is an option as well but it is **** infested most of the time...if you want the ultimate in rocks and such, threre is Chadwick, down near Springfield MO..that would about 3hr drive though. Anyway, hope this helps. Jason

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
Hey Jason (Blue Thunder), you left out the best riding area in Kansas, Milford Lake in Junction City, Kansas, about 2 hours west of Overland Park or about 20 miles West of Manhattan, Kansas.

Go check out The Good Guys at www.kcrider.com as we have our favorite large woods riding areas listed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom