Kayaba / White Brothers Fork bushes

Kwackers

Sep 15, 2000
I’ve just rebuilt my forks off a Kawasaki KLX300 (Kayaba 43mm USD) with White Brothers Bushes part nos 29-408 and 29-404 and on the outer bushing I noticed that it was still loose around the fork tube when the gap was squeezed together, I assembled it anyway to see if it would tighten up but the assembled fork still had way too much play. I have measured the fork tube diameter against a new one and there is no wear.

In comparing the old and new bushes I noticed the code numbers are different – DD3C 9J on the old and DD3Z 3F on the new, can you help me interpret these and do they explain why I am getting play in the forks. Any help in what the problem might be or what else I can check would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
My former race bike, a KX250 had 43mm Kayaba forks. I never had any luck with aftermarket fork parts. Don't remember having too much play, but the set of aftermarket seals I tried leaked like a sive. I replaced the bushings and seals with oem parts and my problems were gone. I'd recomend going that route.

good luck

WhiPit

Mar 16, 2000
White Brothers suspension parts ARE OEM parts. Maybe they have the application wrong and you got the wrong item? Measure the original against the WB part and see how different they are. If it's way off, you were handed the wrong part.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom