rho

May 6, 2002
I'm new to MX gear and was looking for a new Helmet. The KBC TK-VX fit me very well as compared to the Answer, Fox and O'neals I tried on.

Question: I just read a good review about the M2R Rev X and they mentioned how much nicer fit this helmet was compared to the KBC... but the local shops do not carry the M2R (mail order for me only).

Should I just get the M2R based on the good review it had on this forum? or just get what I KNOW fits well (KBC)? There are probably way more things to consider, but once again, I just started riding a few months ago, so I don't know...

TIA,

Robert

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
First of all a good fit to one person could be a terrible fit to another. You really need to try on a helmet. I changed models in answer helmets and with the one I now have (bought untried but same size as previous) it is tighter in the cheeks. Not uncomfortable but noticeable.
If you find a helmet that you like and it fits get it as long as it is DOT and Snell approved.
The M2Rs seem to be a bit bigger (roomier) than most to allow venting.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I think they will allow you to exchange it if it doesn't fit. My next lid will be the M2R.

Top Bottom