nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Hey Susan! Give it up. How'd your family do?
Did Steve race?

Did you scoop any kids off the track today? :laugh:

Wish I could have been there, man. I'm stuck @ work, and getting absolutely swamped here. It's been slow for 2 weeks, but I swear there must be one of those full moon type a things going on here.

Oh well...they're all getting better anyway. :)

To all you spodes riding today: :moon:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I was driving back from OP Ks this afternoon so I missed all the fun. Steve took first in the Over 40. Bryan crashed in the second moto of the supermini and ended up last. He took third in the 80 Jr out of 7 or 8. Bradley took second in the 60 Jr and third in the 60 Open.

I had my HS reunion last night. Wasn't all that I had hoped. None of the crowd I hung around with could make it. So, just like High School, I sat off to the side and watched all the popular people get drunk and make fools out of themselves. I'm not much of a drinker and I don't do well in crowds.

I am going to have to get on my bike soon... I'm having withdrawl :ugg:

B

biglou

OMG! Susan, we went to school together. PM me your real name if you would. :)

Edit-Wait a minute, I guess it's conceivable that there were other reunions going on in a city of 1.5 million (duh). Me: Belton, Mo. Class of 83.

Last edited by a moderator:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
You must have gone to school with Agent Orange!!!

Blue Valley HS Class of 83...

I probably would have had a better time at yours....

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
I skipped the reunion, however. Imagine that: Me, unsociable!

too bad. you may regret it. i went to my 10, 20 and 25 year reunions (yes, i'm that old). i had a great time at each one. we had excellent turnouts. everybody was cool, unlike in school. i think we all grew up. i'm closer to these people now than during school. i talked to many of them more at the reunions than i had the entire time we were growing up together. it seems that the ones that were the big socialites back in the day are the ones that don't show. heck, i was even on the reunion committee. the only club i was in during high school was the truancy club. i hope we have a 30 year. i look forward to it.

before our 25 year, we had to fill out a questionaire. one of the questions was to give a favorite memory or comment. i wrote "has the statute of limitations run out yet?" mine was the only one read aloud. :scream:

Last edited:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by mx547

i think we all grew up.

Well that wasn't the case at mine. I went up to one classmate that was thumbing through the yearbook. I asked him if he was trying to jog old memories. He looked at me and asked if I remembered him. I said Yes, of course and he looked at me, said "I don't remember you", and turned his back to me. Later in the evening we took a group picture. The photographer took it back to his studio and printed a bunch of copies. You had to pay for the picture before they were printed. When he came back the picture showed a couple of guys giving the finger to the camera. And this was BEFORE the real drinking began..... I'm sure several people thought they had a great time. I was glad I was in the car and gone before they left. Wouldn't want to be on the road with them out there.

I only attended that school for my Jr and Sr year of school so I wasn't really that close to too many people. Plus, I was in all the Honor Roll classes so you can get a picture of how popular I was.

Next time I'm going to make sure there will be more nerds there so I will have someone to talk to!!!

It was nice to get back home and work and see some of my REAL friends.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
If you're a nerd, I'm a chick. Neither are true, last time I checked. ;)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Susan,
At least you showed up. My 20 year class reunion is the weekend of Dirtweek. Guess were I will be that weekend and it isn't my classes reunion! I look at it this way, out of 149 students in my graduating class there were maybe 6 I wanted to see at the 10 year reunion. Only one was there. It was great to see my old buddy who had turned into biker. But, in 20 years no one has keep in touch with me and I sure have not keep in touch with them. Yes, I was the angry young man in HS. Or maybe it was my countless moves from state to state with my career. What ever, I will not be loosing any sleep over not going.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im with mx547 on this one. i had a great high school experience. only 87 in our class of 83. i really havent kept up with anybody through the years but this summer has been a "going home" kind of a deal. i have been helping with the reunion planning and have talked to people i havent seen in 15-20 yrs. for the most part, most havent changed. i would say at least 70% of our graduating class went k-12 together. everybody knew everybody. we all got along and it still seems that way.

tim............not you!!!! do you have sammy's greatest hits??!! it rocks!

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by tx246
tim............not you!!!! do you have sammy's greatest hits??!! it rocks!

Nope... just my own home brew burning off the old internet! :laugh: I'm forever stuck in the 80's from a music stand point, I have found songs I forgot about and some that I like more now then in the 80's.

Top Bottom