Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I bet Danman and I could truckpool.

Sounds doable. I'm in for any weekend in may or later as of now. I might have to spend a week or to on the road soon At work projects are starting to come in and I have 2 trips in the works. They look to be materializing around the April/May/June time frame. If we set a date fairly quick I can put in for vacation time before the work trips are chizeled in stone. They will more than likely work around the dates that I need if I get the time put in before the project planning is done. :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
How does everyone look for the first weekend in May?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm probably good for that weekend.
I had forgot about the annual gathering at Justin's, so we need to work around that as well.
The Farm ride will be Memorial Day Weekend. We had considered another weekend but it will be May 29,30, and 31. After John Zinc, the mud at the Farm will be a piece of cake.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
BSWIFT said:
I'm probably good for that weekend.

The Farm ride will be Memorial Day Weekend. We had considered another weekend but it will be May 29,30, and 31. After John Zinc, the mud at the Farm will be a piece of cake.

I have ordered dry weather for the ride this year :thumb:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm going to start editing the list of names in the first post. Post up if you are interested in going the first weekend in May.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I am going to call the state park tomorrow and find out info about reservations for spots, $$$, etc.

I am assuming that most of the guys (hopefully all) that are listed as confirmed for May 1st/2nd will try and make it.

I figure we can all arrive Friday night ... ride Saturday, do steaks and ... Saturday evening and ride Sunday morning before pulling out. I have heard that the state park is about 3 1/2 ~ 4 hours from DFW max.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I'd like to go and hopefully will have recovered from my MCL tear by then. I am interested in going to Muenster or Barnwell on possibly a Monday soon, anyone wanna go? Well, Barnwell is not open on Monday but Muenster is supposed to be open 7 days a week.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
GhostRider32: Get well, you are closer than any of us. Ya gotta come!

Enduro_Nut and JMD ride Muenster on odd days of the week. Watch for them to post here or shoot them an email.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Yeah, I really want to go, it just depends on my knee. I'm gonna order some knee braces soon. You are correct, I live about 65 miles from Broken Bow. It's really nice there, I've been there quite a few times but mostly on street bikes. Thanks for the info on the Muenster guys.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Dang, Dang, Dang! :ugg:

The once a year Powerstroke rally is @ Texohma that weekend, not much to a Dirtbiker, but kinda like Dirtweek for us Ford Diesel nuts.

That makes me out for Kiamichi :whiner:

and Stan Flemmings too, unless he decides to go without me.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Ohhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh, Anyone remember Macho Man? Well anyway, Got my knee braces ordered and my knee is feeling much better. Got someone to cover at work for me on Saturday the 1st so I'm planning on camping with you guys on Friday night. Which by the way, reminds me, where exactly are we camping and do I need to bring any cooking gear?

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'm bummed, but its looking pretty sad for me. I have something at work on the 30th that I can't duck. Somebody else did the scheduling. Its looking like an 8 hour or better drive for me if I want to ride at all saturday I would have to take off friday. That makes for a realy tiring weekend if I can't and I have a lot that I need to get ready for as the following weekend is my GF's graduation. Many honey-do type things to do around the house to get it ready for the shin-dig

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
My arrival time depends on whether or not my son is going with me. As far as where we are camping, I'm not real sure myself as I have never been there before either. I'm sure the camping are isn't so large that going through it once will miss locating you guys.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
This riding area totals almost a million acres all together with the different land owners. Weyerhauser alone owns approximately 500,000 acres. You could drive down the wrong road and miss the rest of the state. :clue: :laugh:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
we are down to less than two weeks. please pm tony eeds the master organizer of the highest drn order. we gots lots of nails that need nailing down as far as this shindig goes. :eek:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Based upon reading the description in the state park link, we likely will have room to park/camp. I am taking my 7x14 and can carry bikes/folks as necessary. Keetoman is bringing 5~8 folks that he rides with, so it would be grat to get a good turn out.

I am planning on bringing my grill, so we can have a big community steak out on Saturday evening. Assuming that we would need to bring wood to burn, I will throw in a bunch.

If I get a RV slot with electricity, we will have drip coffee every morning! :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom