silver

May 16, 2006
Knight and BMW part company by mutual consent!
Two‐time World Enduro Champion and double winner of the US Grand National Cross Country Series David Knight has ended his working relationship with the BMW Motorrad Motorsport enduro team. With immediate effect, and by mutual consent, Knight has been released from his contractual obligations with BMW and will take no further part in the ’09 WEC series for the team, starting with this weekend’s GP of Slovakia.

Joining the BMW Motorrad Motorsport team at the start of ’09 Knight had high hopes of delivering continued successes for BMW in the Enduro 3 class on his return to the World Enduro Championship. Following disappointing results during the first half of the ’09 WEC season, having failed to gel with his race bike, David requested that he be released from his contract.

A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks regarding David’s plans to return to racing.

David Knight: “Leaving a team that’s worked hard to give me the bike I wanted wasn’t easy, but I felt that it was the only decision for me to take. It’s not been an easy decision but things simply weren’t working out the way I, or BMW, hoped they would, which wasn’t good for anyone. I’d like to thank the team for their continued support, especially during the last few months where we tried really hard to work things out.

“I simply felt that I couldn’t move forward with the bike. My performances weren’t what I, or the team, hoped they’d be, which I think everyone could see. The bike simply didn’t suit my way of riding, it’s as simple as that. Like I said the team worked hard to give me what I wanted but in the end I felt it was best that I walked away. I’d like to wish BMW all the very best for the rest of this season.
“Returning to the WEC was something that I was really excited about during last winter. After two successful years in the US I was 100 per cent focused on winning a third world title in ‘09. Despite disappointing results and performances during the first half of the championship I’ve enjoyed my time with the team, as well as competing in the WEC again, and I’m grateful that we were able to end our working relationship in a good way.”

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
David Knight to race Snowshoe GNCC
by: Rachel Fluharty

Tuesday June 23rd, 2009 David Knight will be competing this Sunday at the Snowshoe GNCC on a Kawasaki. :whoa:

Further details to follow.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Summers could lend him one of his old XR's....those seemed to last for 3 hours! :)

He'd win on an 85 I think.

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
silver said:
Knight and BMW part company by mutual consent!
“I simply felt that I couldn’t move forward with the bike. My performances weren’t what I, or the team, hoped they’d be, which I think everyone could see. The bike simply didn’t suit my way of riding, it’s as simple as that. Like I said the team worked hard to give me what I wanted but in the end I felt it was best that I walked away. I’d like to wish BMW all the very best for the rest of this season.
.”
That was a nice way to say....I hated the bike.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
"Knight will be riding a Kawasaki, making him eligible for Kawasaki's $10,000 to win a GNCC contingency as well as an extra $1000 for winning the XC1 pro class with the $10,000 overall bonus and $10,000 Kawasaki bonus, and Knight could pocket $21,000 for winning the three-hour event."

That would be a nice payday and make the trip worth it. :nod: Hopefully he'll make that Kwacker last the 3 hours. $21 G's is a lotta cheese! :nod:

rayracing88

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 24, 2009
Will David be riding a KX450F or a KLX450R?

Top Bottom