SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
section 2 and 3 are laid out. don't have the mileage yet but wow. It put me on the ground a dozen or more times yesterday. Lots of wet stuff hidden in the grass/weeds.

I don't have a name for the 2nd section yet. But "pine flats" the 3 section is a blast.

The section at my house is getting started I am sure that it will get a catchy name as well.

This will not be your typical sissy enduro :p Ball buster would be a better name :yikes: shaping to be a great race

Brian

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
If you kill the riders they will not return, the numbers drop, the club loses money and the enduro disappears.

You make a fun, well organized enduro that takes points from every one, they enjoy their day, make it to work on Monday and the enduro prospers.

Best of luck with your first enduro............

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
the 1st "northern" section is also laid out - finished this weekend. it too is not a laid back smell the roses type trail ride but then you wouldn't want it that way - would you? it's certainly doable by all - some slower than others of course - but again, that's the way it should be - you'll drop a point here and there.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
wet logs and being first bike through were the only issues a few more bikes to break in the trail and it will be good to go.

Fred are you saying you like the wide open quad trails:) just kidding

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
SGJ_Johansen said:
wet logs and being first bike through were the only issues a few more bikes to break in the trail and it will be good to go.

Fred are you saying you like the wide open quad trails:) just kidding

I've been trying to find some sand whoops for Freddy but just don't have the proper terrain - in fact there are absolutely ZERO whoops of any kind, sand or otherwise - darn - maybe we should bring in a bulldozer - suppose?

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Fun tough is what we are looking for. Grab a few points in each section. Stupid tough is not what we want. Challenge the AA riders but leave the C riders with a smile that they enjoyed the ride but can finish all the sections.

SGJ_Johansen

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 28, 2004
Well I rerouted the trail with a quad, cut all the trees smoothed all the bumps and I have the paving crew all set up for tomorrow. Should be easy to get hot points now. If I can ride it anyone can.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
May be too technical still. defoliate all the trees and shrubs and we should be ready to go!

Honestly, I'll be up at A. Wrights property wed.
call me if your available.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
My entry is already in their mail box. I ain't skeerd. My advice is sound. Do yoursleves a favor and pre ride the entire course in one day and see how it stacks up after you have it all laid out, if you had fun and would enjoy riding it then pat your selves on the back. If it sucked then fix it.

Stop pounding on your your chests and git to work.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Why, he can't ride. I do have some antique training wheels off Tj's PW that we can bolt on. Maybe he can stay upright for a few feet. :nener:

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Still adding mileage. So far close to 50 event miles. More land to come. Mixed format not sure on the sections. Not alot of info, sorry. Gotta keep you in suspense.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
PoeBrian said:
Aprox. milage? Restart format or not? How many sections?

I'll know more in 2 weeks as I'll be back and forth to Gowan, the @ Hill And Gully.
Then full speed ahead.
Prefer to do Restart. NO timed section on roads!

Trailridin

Mar 22, 2002
tdunn976 said:
I'll know more in 2 weeks as I'll be back and forth to Gowan, the @ Hill And Gully.
A marketing suggestion: you may want to advertise this enduro as located in Greenville instead of Gowen. I am in the Grand Rapids metro area and had to look up where Gowen was, especially when the place wasn't even spelled correctly on the D14 enduro website. Most people in West MI know where Greenville is and this change may increase some local participation.

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Trailridin said:
A marketing suggestion: you may want to advertise this enduro as located in Greenville instead of Gowen. I am in the Grand Rapids metro area and had to look up where Gowen was, especially when the place wasn't even spelled correctly on the D14 enduro website. Most people in West MI know where Greenville is and this change may increase some local participation.

This is from one person who make a small clerical error and it has never been corrected. I thank you for your concern. It was originally planned to start in Gowen and until a couple of weeks ago moved ( due to land issues)to Greenville. Once your AMA application is submitted you are sort of committed to your location.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Good suggestion. We had some great media coverage for the Jack Pine from a newspaper that was 25 miles away. We need to advertise this race as the first one in the lower LP in a LONG time.

Coopersville is metro GR? Must have been a lot of development on the west side of GR in the past 20 years. :)

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
bruno670 said:
This is from one person who make a small clerical error and it has never been corrected. I thank you for your concern. It was originally planned to start in Gowen and until a couple of weeks ago moved ( due to land issues)to Greenville. Once your AMA application is submitted you are sort of committed to your location.
The name will be changed shortly to Greenville Enduro.
Thank You for bringing this to our attention! :)

Trailridin

Mar 22, 2002
fatherandson said:
Coopersville is metro GR? Must have been a lot of development on the west side of GR in the past 20 years. :)
Heh, I am originally from the East side...if towns like Howell are now considered metro Detroit, I guess Coopersville can be metro GR.

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
bruno670 said:
Alright back on task , Just for your information: MINUTE 40 is GONE!!
You want a good minute better step it up!

Is there a BAD row number?

Top Bottom