CaptHookLV

Dec 22, 2004
I have a KTM 250sx all stock except for Pro circuit Pipe and shorty silencer. Currently I ride in/ around Las Vegas. We are planning a trip to San Diego and would like to ride at the Perris and El Cajon Tracks.

Any tips/ ballparks for jetting this beast?

gordybrown

Apr 3, 2005
KTM jetting

Jetting depends on two things: Elevation and temperature. Since you are going from 2000 feet to sea level it shouldn't make too much difference and you can probably just drop your needle a notch or two and dial out the air screw. However, if you are going to be riding the sand with a paddle you better richen up or you will fry your motor. When I go to the coast I use a 185 main jet, a 48 pilot or idle jet and a NOZD needle with the clip in the bottom slot. Turn the air screw out 2 1/2.

If it's warm in SD you might be a bit too rich with these settings. If so raise up the needle clip a notch or two. I always prefer to run fat rather than seize. Platinum plugs help with the fowling when running this rich. Also, don't use ARCO gas as it has too much alcohol and washes the oil off the cylinder, also seize time.

You can find the jetting guide in the last pages of your manual.

Gordy

Top Bottom