Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Just got a phone call from them. Says they had some things come up and the Support rig that they were going to bring will be in Branson 9.28 thru 10.06. They felt terrible about it and really do want to be a part of DW. They want to start planning for next years event as soon as we have firm dates.

He sounded sincere about the regret and wanting to play a big role in 2004.

Again I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No biggie... I have a sneaking suspicion we'll still have a little fun :yeehaw:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Tell them to send me a gift wrapped 450exc and I'll forget about it. :thumb:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Patman
Tell them to send me a gift wrapped 450exc and I'll forget about it. :thumb:

Tell them to send me a gift wrapped Honda CRF250 and I'll forget about it ;)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
hmmm, I got a notice several months ago that Branson MX is that weekend. Sounds like KTM schedules things much like I do. Without looking at a calendar. Oh well, I know one thing. I made absolutely no other plans for those dates so be assured that my support rig will be there in full force!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Can we trade the T33 support rig for the KTM rig? PLEASE! :p

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
As long as the Yamaha rig will still be there i'll be happy. Even if they arent i know i can count on John and the gang from Stillwater Yamaha! :yeehaw:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Seems like KTM lost an opportunity to reach 400 potential customers in a very big way. How often do you get to spend an entire week with customers? Just think of the feedback opportunities. In many ways, KTM is still a “new entrant” to the US market. By participating at DW they could have allowed the buying public to develop an informed opinion of the company, its products and its people. Now they have sent an entirely different message.

But that’s just this Marketing Directors opinion. What I really would like to say is “We don’t need a stinkin' trailer – just send a few bikes and a factory rep.”

Anyway Thump, this is in no way a reflection on your efforts or ability. It is KTM that let us down, not you.

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan
Hell, just tell them to send me some gift wrapped SKILL and I'll forget about it.

You'll have to go to Factory Honda for that!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by RV6junkie
Seems like KTM lost an opportunity to reach 400 potential customers in a very big way. 

POTENTIAL customers?  There's going to be a pretty big faction of EXISTING customers at DW!  We're very interested in what the '04s have to offer, and had hoped for some in-depth information.  Bummer.

Even if KTM can't bring the big rig with demo bikes and such, it would still be nice if they could send a small support crew, instead of backing out completely.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Philip
You'll have to go to Factory Honda for that!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
I believe you have skill and stuck throttle confused now if you had said "Factory Connection Honda" then it would be an accurate statement :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Txbigguy

Camp Tejas Chef
N. Texas SP
Jan 14, 2002
Originally posted by Tree jumper
As long as the Yamaha rig will still be there i'll be happy. Even if they arent i know i can count on John and the gang from Stillwater Yamaha! :yeehaw:

Yea those guys are the best..... :yeehaw: :yeehaw:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
 :whiner: :( :whiner: :(

Oh well.  Thanks for trying Thump.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Originally posted by Thump
This is the EXACT reason we don't like anouncing the big things that are planned because something like this always happens.... Man I feel low.
No reason to feel low, you are a big reason there will be so many cool things going on with sponsers in the first place! :thumb: This guy says you rock :worship:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I just talked to Chip Munn with KTM of Texas. He too is suppossed to be in Branson that week but he said he would like to head over to Cooperland for a few days during the week of DW. He's the #1 KTM dealer in Texas and #10 in the country. Oh yea, he also has one of those big rig KTM factory support trailers. He said he will see if he can work it out and let me know.

It might help if we let him know kind of what he could expect if he was to run over to Cooperland for a few days.
chip@munnracing.com

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thanks for all the effort, Thump.  Jeff G, I sent the email.  Thanks for the link.

Already got an email from Chip.  Very cool.

Last edited:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Thump,
Don't feel so bad man. As Farmer John said its KTM's loss. The Branson National is always the first weekend of October, at least for the last few years I can recall. I'm sure KTM had the Branson event on their radar before Thump started working with them. Its a bummer none the less that they committed and then backed out, but DW 03 will still be fun fun fun!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i talked to the owner of ktm of fayetteville today and he said that they would be at branson also. they are having a big road ride gathering in fayetteville too so the rest of his crew will be busy with that.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
As long as Gomer, Tony Eeds, Thump, BigLou, Billywho, Okie, slo mo', ..............MrLuckey..............Eric Gorr..............................Ivan..............Oldguy........................................TwinSpar.........................BSwift, Lorin,.....................Milk..................GSR.................Stan & Grady........................

you get the idea. As long as these people, the people that make DW what it is show up I'll get by just fine without KTM. Sure it would be nice but they are missing out, not us.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Well put.
KTM was not the reason I was going to Dirtweek in the 1st place :thumb:

Top Bottom