Melenko

Jun 14, 2005
Hi, this is my first post on this forum, and I have a problem with my 2000 kx250. When I first rode it at my uncle's back in 01, it scared the daylights out of me. I wouldn't hold it wide open unless I was in 5th. Anyway, last year, I felt it was really low in power, so I did a topend job. I put in a vertex piston, and boyesen power reeds in an effort for more power. I cleaned the power valves and had a yamaha dealer hone the cylinder. He said that he gouged my intake ports. I put everything together and it still feels weak- it doesn't have that snap it did in 01. For example, back in 01, if I put the bike into 5th at low speen on a gravel road, it would just spin through out the rpm. Now, it just bogs without much spinning. It also feels as if it doesn't catwalk as easy. Sorry for the lengthy post, but I'd really like some power again.

bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
Well, was the cylinder gouged? If so you are probably a bit down on compression. Have you keept up with the jetting? If not that should be top on your list. Air filter clean? Fuel filter clean? Float level set? Powervalves opening/closing all the way? clutch slipping?

good luck

Top Bottom