Status
Not open for further replies.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Hey guys just got myself a winter project over the holidays. I'm turning my 2003 kx250 into a KX250AF. I got the frame the other day and started cutting it apart to fit the 2006 Kx250f frame I bought. Today I'm taking my 250 motor out of its current home to put it in the new frame and make sure Ive taken enough material off the down tube to the cradle. Let me know what you guys think.
framecutout.jpg
[/IMG]

yokeside.jpg
[/IMG]

yokeinside.jpg
[/IMG]

yokebottom.jpg
[/IMG]

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
How many years did You ride Honda's Bruno???? Another "BRAINWASHED" Kool Aid drinker!!!!!!

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Please don't call your creation a KX250AF.. The AF is a bike that you can only buy from Service Honda..

Unless you do the quality of work that AJ does, you'll only diminish their reputation buy calling it an AF.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I seriously would have washed the bike. I can appreciate building your own frame, give it your own initials on the end? In this day and age, there are videos available for sale, showing in detail how to do these clobber jobs. Unless of course you are driving the parts over to Service Honda and having AJ do the welding, I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep the pictures coming, and watch out for the phosgene gas! Vintage Bob

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
I have some tube left over from my 500 AF conversion if you need any. its 1"x1" .125 wall with the radius corners, it matches the honda frame perfectly and looks to match your frame also. tube with the radius corners is hard to find. let me know if you want it.

good luck on the build. mine was a lot of fun. also, its easier in the long run to make it so you can use off the shelf parts...

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Indy there are many AF bikes out there as the AF stands for aluminum frame.

Bruno- Like dave said your just a converted koolaid drinker

TJ- I found a guy that makes the rails to fit the frame exactly prebent for $90 plus shipping so Im think im gonna go with those but thanks for the offer.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
lego my logo, wait, what logo?

service kawasaki af will not pass, its not even the right color.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
AJ, don't let everyone get to you. I know who is helping you with this. Have fun, call it anything you want. I don't think AF or aluminum frame is trademarked. Have fun! :cool:
You could call it a KX250AJS..... :nener:

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
Don Marsh said:
AJ, don't let everyone get to you. I know who is helping you with this. Have fun, call it anything you want. I don't think AF or aluminum frame is trademarked. Have fun! :cool:
You could call it a KX250AJS..... :nener:
:cool: :cool:

green hornet rings a bell ;)

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
D.LEATHERS said:
How many years did You ride Honda's Bruno???? Another "BRAINWASHED" Kool Aid drinker!!!!!!
Dave, there was a couple of years that I rode a Kaw, biggest POS that I ever rode. Couple of years after that I rode 1 race at a Portland HS team on a 250 kx. We spent the next couple of hours picking up the fallen parts. I have experience (not all good) riding a Kwacker. I would be riding a Honda still if they would make a big bore 2 stroke again. TS for them, if a company wants my business make me what I want.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
Now I'm going to start by saying this, this bike is a KX250AF if you don't like what i call it then don't read this thread. Now I spent a lot of time working on the re-located yoke area, shaving the motor mount for the 250f engine off and filing the down tube hole so it looks very nice. I also got a chance to put a front end underneath it although this wont be the front end that's on it when its done (just needed it to hold up the frame). Now i need to get the motor out of my 2003 250 to make sure the yoke is higher than the exhaust port. And don't worry guys i plan to clean the frame real good before i have it welded as it has some Georgia clay stain on it.

yokeshaved.jpg
[/IMG]

yokefitment.jpg
[/IMG]

withfrontend.jpg
[/IMG]

readyformotor.jpg
[/IMG]

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Shagy100 said:
Now I'm going to start by saying this, this bike is a KX250AF if you don't like what i call it then don't read this thread.

And I'm going to close the thread by stating if you can't respect the legally registered trademarks of one of our site sponsors and the work of one of our moderators perhaps you should be posting this elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom