team bulldog

Apr 4, 2004
Any of you single track trail riders interested in riding over the holiday weekend? Was thinking the Upper Peninsula but with the bridge walk traffic would be murder. Was thinking of either Evart or Cadillac area, any of you DRN. guys interested?

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
we've got a group (6 or 7 it looks like) going to the U.P. -- leaving friday morning 10(ish) -- should get a 20-25 mile ride in late friday afternoon, ride saturday and sunday morning coming back down sunday afternoon - that way we're home on monday for family and miss holiday traffic both directions.

probably ride CC - sand town - Danaher? - or Kinross.
if interested I can give more details.
P.S. we usually camp

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Yeah, please give details.
What time arriving on Friday & Where?
Are you Randy or ride with Randy?
What trail is "ride CC?"
p.s. Drahner is wide open fast stuff I would skip.

p.s. For the bridge walk on Monday I think they keep the returning lanes open, and they stop letting people walk at 11am, so I think it should be cleared out by 1pm or so, but it still sounds like a cluster and the bridge can get backed up from everyone crossing back.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
bbarel said:
Yeah, please give details.
What time arriving on Friday & Where?
Are you Randy or ride with Randy?
What trail is "ride CC?"
p.s. Drahner is wide open fast stuff I would skip.

p.s. For the bridge walk on Monday I think they keep the returning lanes open, and they stop letting people walk at 11am, so I think it should be cleared out by 1pm or so, but it still sounds like a cluster and the bridge can get backed up from everyone crossing back.

We should arrive (to ride) around 4PM on friday - I am Randy. the CC I'll call cross connector for lack of better description - we go out and back same trail and since it's prime trail that very few realize exists, I'd like to keep it that way, I won't say much more on the internet. Every decent trail we get (ie Caberfae) gets "published" and 2 years later it's whooped out from overuse - Even though this trail is more technical than most guys want to ride (similar to Drummond) we'd still like to keep it from going too 'public' - you know, where they send workers in to cut out the fallen trees and all the good stuff - as it is the trees stay in the trail and we like that.
The bridge walk affects us very little, passing thru on friday and leaving for downstate on sunday. I've been there on Monday and you'd be hours trying to cross (3 to 4 hours - my experience even in the afternoon).
In the summer (with growth up), Danaher's not too bad plus a couple of the guys (MX guys) like it for a change up - faster pace and all.
It's not set in stone yet, where we'll ride but sand town either saturday or sunday (my preference) - plus our 'special' spot on friday
Looks like 6 of us on Friday, 3 from west side and 3 from detroit area and 3 more from the west side driving up to ride saturday.
give me a hollar - email/call, we can handle a few more that are interested.

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am gonna be up to Detour Friday thru Sunday leaving for home Monday (I hope) Gonna try to do a day on Drummond and a day on the trails around the Detour area (actually west of Detour)

Anyone want to hook up with us give me a call.

(616) 402-8809

Top Bottom