FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
Hey guys more info on the camping at Turkey Point.
I was a bit concerned about getting sites close together at the campground. I just got off the phone with the campground and apparently we can have up to 6 people 3 tents and 3 cars per site for 21.50 + 8.50 /vehicle. So the guys bringing a group they can get on one site and split the cost. Anyway we have to book the sites so they don't get filled. We need 100% for camping now, who is showing and I'll see about reserving a few spots ok. So who is comming for sure now.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Looks like at least me for Saturday. Maybe the wife but she says I don't know anyone :whiner: I tell her they are no wierder than me :scream: I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully :moon:

Last edited:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave and I are planning on being there, both days!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Paula and I are in for Friday - Sunday
If I can talk my nephew and his crew into going it'll be two sites for us.
I speak with him and post the results.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Will you post directions or where to get directions when we are a little closer to the date and confirm that we have the campsites? If we aren't there until Saturday what time does everyone expect to ride? If it's an hour from Buffalo should be there before noon.

Last edited:

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
no probs, From Buffalo, take #3 to Simcoe, south #24, south on #10 to campground. It will be on your left hand side. East side of road. Big sign can't miss it.
If you get to the lake you've gone to far. :) :) :)

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by FLYIN_KAW
no probs, From Buffalo, take #3 to Simcoe, south #24, south on #10 to campground. It will be on your left hand side. East side of road. Big sign can't miss it.
If you get to the lake you've gone to far. :) :) :)
Your correct on the route. If I recall it right its 81 miles from the Peace Bridge to the Point. One Question for all you Canadians...Whats the flashing green light mean on the red lights? Your setting at a red light the light turns green and the green light flashes on and off....Whats with this?

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Flyin_Kaw,
Did you get a final count for camping? The wife is coming so it's 2 for the Dappers. Are you planning on riding before noon on Sat. If so i'll plan on leaving home about 6am that will get us there around 9:30 - 10 with some fudge factor for getting lost. I really am looking forward to this. Missed the last Paragon, Not!! going to miss this one. :aj:

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by Dapper
Flyin_Kaw,
Did you get a final count for camping? The wife is coming so it's 2 for the Dappers. Are you planning on riding before noon on Sat. If so i'll plan on leaving home about 6am that will get us there around 9:30 - 10 with some fudge factor for getting lost. I really am looking forward to this. Missed the last Paragon, Not!! going to miss this one. :aj:
You wont get lost. If your crossing the Peace Bridge in Buffalo. When you clear customs you will take the exit that is about say 2000 feet straight head the off ramp will end at a road. Turn to the right on to the road (overpass) and head down the road say a mile or so and it will intersect with Kings Highway 3. In Dunnsville, On if you see signs for a route 3 ignore them You want Kings Highway 3 all the what to Simcoe ,On. When your in Simcoe Id call it the business section, Highway 24 intersect Kings highway 3. Turn left on to Highway 24 and its a good ride down 24 until you see the Turkey Point mileage sign. Just follow the signs to Turkey Point.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
OK, I reserved site 165 at the Whiporwill campground at Turkey Point. You guys -n- Gals better reserve sites soon. It's getting kinda crowded up there! :)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Hey PK,

We're neighbors. Just reserved site 164 right across the road. Is it the 10th yet ;) :moon:

FLYIN_KAW

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 19, 2000
hahahah I was trying to get 164 while I was on the phone with Papa.
Now I know who got it. :moon: Anyway I got 171 just down the road from you guys. I'll be there Friday night with or without my group. My girlfriend might be coming to. She'll hang out at the beach while we ride. :)

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Customs going into Canada has always been easy...They ask if your bringing the bike back. Yes! U.S customs has asked for ownership on my bike and once on the trailer ... the Registration is proof of ownership.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
I'm from Central Pa in a small village with a population of 200 or so. There are plenty of exciting things to do here. For example, A bunch of us got together to watch paint dry last weekend and this weekend we're having a rock skippin contest at Mr Beaver's Dam. We also dabble in the arts a bit... We are in the process of sculpting a piece we plan on calling "Dust Buster". This piece will proudly be displayed and demonstrated by the "Sod Squad". The Sod Squad is an elite group of Damn Yanks who live to eliminate any signs of Dust on MXER's MX track. The Sod Squad hope to one day capture the attention of PapaKeith, TreeJumper, LoriKTM and her Better Half for a reunion of the first ever North East Caravan.

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
It caught our attention, however, Saving.. Planning.. Preparing for Dirtweek O2 is taking up all of our time. Pat came down about 3 weeks ago and motivated me to wipe the cobwebs off of the 426. Heck, some chipmunks were pretty unhappy when I fired her up and blew their winter storage out the exhaust. The sound of the 4-stroke and all this talk of going to Cooperland has me all worked up about riding again. I feel like a kid ! We are going to pass on Turkey point this round, but we may surprise everyone and show up at one of these rides that is closer to home. Roost On PapaKeith

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Quick question for anyone who has ridden Turkey Point before. What kind of terrain are we going to encounter?
Sand?
clay?
Trees?
Rocks?
gravel?
Any insight would be apreciated. :)

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Yup, PK you hit it right on the nose.
Just kidding. I heard sand, whoops and woods. That was from as unreliable source. What aboot that Flyin_Kaw ah? ;)

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Sand...Sand...Sand.... But its not a Sugar sand its a sand the has body to it I guess you could say its stabble to ride on. Dont get me wrong there are spot that are sugar sand...but they are far and few.......It would be great if it rained say thursday night........ Track-SHUN is great compared to hard clay and rocks...........I hope you like whoops........

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Haven't seen any post for a while. Everyone still going? Hopefully we are going to have a nice little tune up in Cortland this weekend. Looking forward to TP. :) :) :moon:

Top Bottom