Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Hello, i'm looking for a new bike, my old one just isn't cutting it.

Ok, i HAD a Kawasaki KE 100 enduro 2stroke (yea, i know what your thing "WTF POS" but i got it for free, and it was my first bike.. When i got it the engine and everything was just rebuilt, so it ran good. And now its starting to ride, and that need for speed and power is kicking in. I am 15 years old, i'm 6"0" tall, and i weigh 180lb's , and i've rode he KE 100 for about a year and a half now, and i race the go-kart around the yard, and need more speed, accelleration, and power.

i would like to get a bike that i could race, because i live right across from a dirtbike track (Switchback, in PA) and i could watch the races from the yard.. it make me jealous everytime there racing because I want to race, i want a dirtbike thats 500ft away and sounds like its ontop of me, i want the neibors to hear what i'm doing (the neibors dont care....) BUT i was thinking allong the lines of a 125 2 stroke, or a 250 4 stroke, i dont know which brand (probley yamaha) but i probly would just like to go over to the track on practice days. i dont want it to cost me 5grand either, because eatin park dont pay that much :) .

BUT ANY help would be appreciated, and i am looking foward to see what i can hurt mmyself on next :whoa:

THANKS
Mopar

Jun 5, 2006
First off i'd try to go over there on one of those practice days and see if you can take somebody's bike for a spin. otherwise a 125 2 or 250 4 would be good. if u wanted, since ur big enough, u could even step it up to a 250 2/450 4, however that'd be a lot of bike to handle.

Sep 9, 2006
I personaly am 5,10 225 pounds and was riding a 81 YZ 250 for my first bike. So i think you should go for a bigger bike than a 125 or a 250F because you will find them only slightly more powerful then what you have.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Really? hmm, my cousins fiend has a Yamaha Yz250, but my cousine wouldnt let me ride it because it was to much bike (je wants me to get an 80cc) i dont like him he thinks im a idiot, and cant hanled anything... pffft, ive rode a buches of quads, some mini bikes, and and a few dirtbikes.

I want to try and ride it all keep bothering him to let me take a spin, if i am confertable with it, ill look it to a 250 2stroke, or 450 4-stroke

Thanks

Also, which is easier to take care of? we got my KE 100 for free as a beater, i i never realy took care of it, cleaned the air filter a few times, and replaced the spark plug about 3times..

But thanks agian

Sep 9, 2006
Then 2 stroke is the way to go if you like little mantning and more ridding. If you add flywheel weights to a 2 stroke you will retaine a much more controlable power for some one with your experince. The YZ i rode had flywheel weights and there was a night and day difference.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Actually i was look at teh Honda CRF250, or the Yamaha WR250F, both 4stokes... and if i did get a nice bike you bet ide take care of it...

i think a 250 2 stroke is WAY to much for me...

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
i am looking foward to see what i can hurt mmyself on next

If that's your goal, just ride your 100 off a cliff.

At 6' and 180 lbs. a 250 2 stroke would fit but I'm not sure you're ready for one. See your above statement. With that kind of thinking, I'm affraid you really would hurt yourself.

But what concerns me the most is this:

i want a dirtbike thats 500ft away and sounds like its ontop of me, i want the neibors to hear what i'm doing

It's that kind of attitude that will get your next door race track closed. Please read this thread:

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=118083

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
yea right, thats what it sound like at my house on race day, you get LOUD, gone, LOUD, gone, ohh the 2 stroke.., nope mor 4's

its a never ending cirlcle of loud!

i live in the middle of a vally far away from civilizaion, almost everyone there (except the blind lady, and like 2 other people) have dirtbikes or quads
its very loud, and iver herd quads that were UNBLEAVIBBLYEY lound going threw the hair scramble

its a loud place.... i can have a loud dirtbike...

**EDIT- i read that other post.. i see about teh nis factor.. I dont know.. i just have n ubsession with loud things... i thnk it sounds better when its loud... but tahts just me... idk ill probly leave the silencer in, or out depending on teh nois level, thansks for sending that, it changes my opinion on stuff like that ***EDIT***

i am looking foward to see what i can hurt mmyself on next

yea... idk, i probly will hut myself... like evrything else i ever tried in my life... lets see... i wrect the dirtbike many time (it raind, street tires, not to well of a combination) and my nitro rc car, ive got blisters, and burned many times from it.. Snowboarding i broke my arm (still snowboard) and i almost ripped my ingue nail off rotortillering.. More? ok, we had a wedd eater that had no guard, it that off my toes.... im a very unlecuy person when i do new things.... but after awile, i gett good at it and love it (except for rototillering, and weed eatin) but im not serious...about dat..

and no, im not confindent in myself because thats alot of power, and that really might intimidate me to go for it... bu wit the CRF250, my cousing agreed that it might be much, but i could grow into it, and keep it for awile!

soo... thats probly it...

What do you think?

Last edited:

Top Bottom