justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Since GSR siad she had never heard the LORIN STORY I thought I'd tell it again.

As bswift and I were getting ready for DW01 I get an email from bswift asking if we had room in the truck/camper for one more, he'd been emailed by a DRNer about riding up with us. bswift said that ""Lorin" had asked for a ride. I replied with the usual Heartland Spode answer of the more the merrier. A couple of weeks went by and we began getting things in order, making arrangements etc. I emailed them both with the ssome details. I had never met "Lorin". I told them both that I would sleep in front of the camper and they could sleep in the backroom. After thinking about it I thought "lorin" might be a lady. Bswift had never said. I thought it would be best to send another email back to them telling them that I'd sleep in the back with bswift and "lorin" could have the front by themself.

Bswift then replied back asking "what do you mean". I then got concerned that I'd made a fool of myself and that "lorin"might be a man. Being concerned about which sex "Lorin" was, I did what any DRN member does when curious about another member. I read "lorins" profile. Hmmm, nothing there. Then I got smart and started reading all the post "Lorin" had ever posted. What I found disturbed me. One post was about Women's chest protecters. The other was about a XR200 being a good womans bike. Boy were bswift and I screwed. I then began worrying about what to do. My friend bswift was not going to understand my reservations about taking his friend Lorin. My wife was really not going to understand. My anxiety level continued to increase for the next few days.

I then recieved an email from bswift that started"I have a serious question, is LORIN a women. I thought " (bad word) , you don't know swift". I replied to bswift asking him to please tell me Lorin was a man and that he was just joking. He replied he didn't know. I then replied " I thought you knew this person" Bswifts reply "well their on DRN all the time" Holy crap we are in a mess now. Bswift and I then started talking about our wives reactions. We had said nothing about this too them for weeks, just that the two of us and a guy from OKC were oing to go to Illinios for a few days to ride. Both the women were irrate. Divorces for sure if we took a women to Illinios. Bswifts wife emailed me. Telling me she didn't know how my wife felt and that she hated to be the stick in the mud, but this wasn't going to work. I replied that she must have talked to my wife because that was exactly her reaction.

We than trying to figure out how to, if Lorin was female , to get out of it and secondly how to find out. Eventually after many more days in anguish and being treated very cold at home(I mean real cold) we all four got together for a ride. Bswift's wife and mine spent the better part of the day chewing our tails for even considering going on a trip with a woman. What kinda slut was this that would load up with two strange men and travel half way across country. Eventually the dilema was solved when bswifts wife called the work number they found for Lorin and got Lorin voice mail. Lorin was either a man or the deepest voiced lady there was.

In the end, all three of us men made our way to Illinios together, camping next to another Oklahoman we had already met, mx547. tx246 had came up with him, sawblade had to back out. The five charter members, of the first DRN Chapter, met and had the time of our lives.

Any one that has been around us know that we LOVE to have fun. Thats what it's all about. We also hold food and giving each other a hard time high on the list too. We have added OKKXER and Craig_enid to our group as well as MikeOK. Many stories abound about bswift's crashes, mx547's constant flat's, Lorin's cold (sniffle, sniffle, and yes my loafer incident. but the greatest Heartland Spode story is the LORIN story.

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Bswift......I think they slept.....:eek: I should've warned you it was a long post that went no where.:confused:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by justql
Bswift......I think they slept.....:eek: I should've warned you it was a long post that went no where.:confused:
But I bet it was a great story after a few Daddy Pops. Not that any were consumed that week;)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Thats a funny story! The part about what kind of woman would go to IL with two strange men, priceless! I bet both of you (justql, bswift) looked like this :eek: when you told the wifes about your little dilemma.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The funny part was Lorins face when we told him sitting around the camp fire. Good thing he's a friend. He might not like all the attention otherwise.:p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Thank goodness for the Daddy Pops! I'm not sure how long Justql had to deal with the fallout of this story but I almost didn't make DW01 because of it. I can laugh about it now but at the time, it was not, I repeat, NOT a laughing matter. Kinda like writing a check for flowers that your wife didn't get.;)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I sure hope THAT doesnt become my "claim to fame." And here I thought that Brians story of how he almost didnt make it was the all-time classic. That one line of his caused every man around the camp fire to cringe (I ALMOST dropped my beer). Even the stupidest of us know better than to comment about a womans weight, ESPECIALLY if he is married to that same woman. As to the name thing, I have had 30 someodd years to learn to deal with that one. I remember during my sophmore enrollment, having to get my information from the "girls" box instead of the guys box. I guess you learn to either laugh about it or die of shame. Needless to say, I took a little bit of kidding from my running buddies while enrolling. They kept suggesting that I enroll for HomeEc or sewing class. Yep, then and now - these are my TRUE friends. Just goes back to my motto: No reason to kick yourself in the rear, that is what your friends are for! Does that mean I should be concerned as to the sleeping arangements this weekend? Maybe I should wear sweats to bed instead of shorts. Imagine, all of this abuse and it was Golmer that was riding around in a pink tutu at the spodefest. As to Justin and Brian's dilemna, his wife sure came out quickly to greet us when we arrived back to his house. I should have borrowed a wig or something and made Justin squirm a bit. Hey Justin, have you fixed the door on your trailer yet so that it will open easier????

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Hey, I broke into laughter the other day just thinking about that.:)

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
Hey that's not funny

Rode Baja for a week with my riding buddy and "Kacey"

Well he didn't bother to tell the "misses" that Kacey was a female. (Yes very attractive and an EXTREMELY FAST RIDER)

That was a year and a half ago and he's still paying for it!

Sometimes being single ain't so bad!;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well here's my little bit of a Lorin story. Having seen his picture I knew he was a guy, then meeting him at DW'01 I knew that the picture was the same guy so I wasn't being tricked by the name with a false picture. Well enter e-rider's hydraulic clutch kit and Lorin's 500. We emailed a bit then decided that talking on the phone was a better idea so Lorin called me on my cell phone and that was pretty much it. UNTIL the following Saturday when my home phone rings and it's my amigo Lorin wanting to discuss the installation. No problem, I'm just watching the ESPN2 coverage of a SX, the wife and kid are in town so we yuck it up and he then goes to finalize the install. Weeeell the race was over so I was out doing some road maintenance on the gravel/dirt road to our house and Mrs. Patman comes rolling up, check to see that I've been getting the Honey Do's done did and I say "Oh, by the way if Lorin calls while I'm out here I'll have to call back when I get to the house." I got a strange look and then she was gone. Well I didn't think much of it for a few hours... then the light bulb went dim and I figured "Uh oh!, I wasn't really clear who this Lorin was" and I didn't have the handheld radio on the tractor like I typically do so I called it a day and headed home. Mrs. Patman isn't exactly as dumb as a box of rocks and had looked at the caller ID :eek: So obviously I was having a long distance relationship with this chick from Oklahoma :silly: When I got home I said "You know I never told ya' Lorin is a guy." and I got the look of Well he damn well better be to which I offered to call him right now to clear it up and that is when I got off the hook. :cool:

So the moral of the story is it's better to have the wife get annoyed by you telling her your guy friend is a guy and not a girl so she can say "Well I knew that", then it is to let them stew over it for a few hours.

:think Ya' know if we threw some face paint on him and Gomer pink tutu Lorin might make a pretty fair Bud Girl :D

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
In all due respect to Patman, I'm not sure that I actually want to meet your wife. If you think I would look good with some face paint, well - enough said. On another note, I think that I may get my girlfriend to call your house from my phone around midnight (Doh!). Maybe I should just get my caller ID to have my first initial and last name on it? Better yet, maybe we should get my picture on the web site somewhere with a link so that you can all put by the phone in case "HE" calls. FWIW, the spelling of Lorin that most females use is Lauren, NOT Lorin, Loren, or Lorne. Oh well, at least I will be recognized at the next DRN ride, and I am sure glad that I dont wear my hair long in back anymore. I somehow manage to create trouble without even being nearby.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
If Lorin is a guy, then who is THIS?

Attachments

• verypretty.jpg
    verypretty.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 143

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah, when I first saw Lorin climbing out the trailer in the morning, I coulda sworn it was a chick ;) :eek:

Lorin, tell ya gal, Helen says Hi :confused:

Now for something really mind blowing, Lorin loves Brian - seriously, check out this web site ! http://www.makeawebpage.com/userpages/Lorin.html

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Sorry Lorin, I didn't know I would cause you to have a reputation.:D :p ;)

Watch it Bundu he'll call you and leave his name on your caller ID.:think

Top Bottom