Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Yep, I am still catching my breath. I was very impressed with the enduro and all of the apparent work that went into it. The new stuff in section one was pretty darn cool. All in all, the race went well and I managed to bring home my first trophy (even though Justin believes it would be his IF he had (or ever will) raced). I managed to make it through the majority of the enduro without problem until the middle of the second lap, which found me endoing into a tree, and subsequently floundering around on my now, bummed up knee (they hurt when they smack a tree). Between that and another little front end wash-out, I managed to drop a few minutes in that section. As to any suggestions for next year, I still cant believe that you didnt have any observation checks, or timed event on the 80. The enduro seemed to go fairly smooth from start to finish, and even the scoring seemed to have very few hitches. It appeared to be very well organized. Kudo's to Justin and everyone else that helped make this such a good event.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I know Lorin. The dang road causes problems for what we can do where. Since we had the test right before the 80 and only 3.6 miles after the 80, it meant leaving it out. The guy on the road was watching for any trail cutters. We are planning on adding to the new section for next year.Hopefully some more narly hills and tight single track. I also have another place I found some old trails while busting through the brush on Sunday. I think it'd be long enough for a test section. I also have an idea for how we can change the test sections.((maybe, a BIG maybe) But thats up to Dwreck,next years coordinator.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Sounds good, maybe I can be of more use at next years enduro. The new house has pretty much kept me busy for the last few months. I would have liked to have seen some more tight, twisty trails for the test section. I was really suprised that so much of the tests were as open as they were. I was getting spanked in the long, whoop sections by the mx'ers. Rick and myself might be good for a day of trimming, etc., on the new section.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
We ran out of time or the new stuff would have been tighter, Guy trimmed it with a skid steer. :eek: We can add to it real easy though. Like continue through the creek we ran you down. Up and down the ravine a couple of more times. ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by craig_enid

I second that motion!!!

All in favor say, "Aye".

Aye!

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Not so fast. You want a jacked up race, try and put me in charge. Anyway why mess with perfection. Justin has set a standard that is unattainable by mere mortals. I say we make him life time Enduro Coordinator.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I wondered how long it would take for Derrick to find this. :laugh: He just better be at the next meeting........he probably doesn't even know when it is..... :laugh: :laugh:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Meeting, what meeting? I was at work when they had the last meeting. And remember Anna tricked Brian and I into going to it a week early the time before! And then I forgot the next week. Are you starting to see why I am not qualified to run an enduro? And Justin, quit spelling my name wrong. It's D E R E K!

Last edited:

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
OK D E R E K. So your name is like Lorins. Is your's spelled the way a man or woman spells thiers. :think:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I wasnt bark busting intentionally, just real tired; smacked a root \ kicker that brought the back of the bike up enough to cross the front and eject me into the tree. Stupid mistake caused by being tired.

Top Bottom