lost case plug & oil ran out while running help!!!

banderson

Apr 30, 2002
i was riding today and the plug on the bottom of my case wiggled its way out while going through a creek i am positive it happend there because i could see a trail of red fresh oil from where i was riding did have much of a chioce so i ran it up the hill to my truck and on the way there it made a noise kinda like a train coming to a stop just very faint what happend i'm afraid to kick it over. please help

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Put some oil in it...start it up. What's the worse that can happen? You'll hurt something? If something's hurt, it's alREADY hurt.

But I doubt it. Might as well relieve the stress on your brain and give it a shot.

The clutch would likely be the first thing you'd hear. That might a good screeching train-brake noise.

If you've checked the above thread, it was certainly a worse case than yours. ..I don't see a post from him saying things are ok or not, though.

Good luck!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
That's nothing, some girl in my riding group just got a almost brand new 2002 KX85. So we went riding and after riding that day I noticed the sight glass was empty. There was basically no oil in the motor! So now theres some oil in it and now it's fine.

vandean

Feb 19, 2002
Here's this from the moron who the others are referring to! :o
Four rides(hard rides) on mine since my goof up!
Everything seems OK.Experienced the same noise when it happened.Filled and drained with fresh oil.Ran it with new oil(just 10w40 cause I knew I would be disposing of it quickly).Drained agian after 10 minutes of riding.Filled with fresh Bel Ray gear saver and drained it again after a full day riding.Running Bel Ray in it.Seems fine ,just seems a little notchy to shift into second sometimes.Maybe I'll try another oil.Otherwise OK.I'm sure yours is fine.Fill it ,ride it, drain it and repeat and then forget about it!!!

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom