March 17 ride at Paragon (near Hazleton PA)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by OffRoadWarrior
Or I could bring the quad so I'll be sure to win the roost on RM_GUY contest.:p
Dang, there's two things I'll be missing. Roosting RM_guy and then hooking up with ORW to find some nasty trail that'll make all the nancy's cry. :whiner:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hmmm...the way I remember it the only one that roosted me was Lori and that was because I did the gentlemanly thing and let her ride out of that God forsaken mud hole first. I will admit she got me and she got me good :scream:

Woods, you can always do what you usually do and pretend that you are roosting me:p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
... you can always do what you usually do and pretend that you are roosting me:p
Next time I'll slow down so you can keep up. :p

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Don't worry Woods, we'll bring the camcorder and record it for all DRN posterity! :p

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by LoriKTM
Don't worry Woods, we'll bring the camcorder and record it for all DRN posterity! :p
<excuse mode on>
Ah, um...I, um...I don't thi..I can't mak..something's come, um ah, up and I, ah, yea, that's it. See ya:p
<excuse mode off>

BRING IT ON!!!!!:moon: :moon: :aj:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Re: MARCH 17TH PARAGON RIDE

Originally posted by MAICOFRED
IS THERE A WEB SITE FOR PARAGON? LET ME KNOW. FRED
Fred,
It's in the first post next to the directions. Glad you're coming:)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
tO SEE A BIKE START OUT BRAND NEW AND SHINY YELLOW TO END UP SO COVERED IN MUD YOU COULD NOT TELL WHAT IT WAS, I THIINK SOMEONE LOST THE ROOST CONTEST!!

aND IT was FUNNY!

iS IT THE 17TH YET?

motoman38

May 9, 2000
paragon ride

hey guys this is my first time posting on here. but i was wondering about paragon. is this place open all year and is it LEGAL. i got a bike and a truck. and i would love to ride it and take my truck threw it. there isn't many places around Pa to take trucks. :whiner: what all is involved with getting in and how much does it cost. thanx in advanced guys

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
RM_GUY and Co,

Looks like Dunmore may be the best place to meet. It's an easy on/off w/ BK, gas, Mobil Mart etc. Gimme a ring if you can, to work out your eta.

It's great to see this ride panning out so nicely. Time to start keeping an eye on the extended forecast. WOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Chief

fastwes

Nov 29, 2000
I'll be there also. I just got my lowered 01 250f back running and can't wait to wear myself out. It is fantastic to be able to stand flat on my left foot and be able to kick it like an old fat guy is supposed to... not on my tiptoes or looking for a rock to slip off of! The BK mod appears to work. Starting is ok and there is exactly 2 turns to play with on the adjusting screw for all the original accelerator pump travel to no pump at all. It runs with only half a turn of pump travel, around the yard only, have to try it in the woods tomorrow. God am I so out of shape, you can all laugh as I fog up my goggles with the sweat from my forehead and have to stop every 10 minutes shaking my arms to relieve the pump! Cannot wait.
Why can't Rich or Eric or Okie come east for amusement? Eric just goofs off on weekends anyway and Rich needs to get away from work. Load up on Friday night, drive Saturday early where you can sleep in my den with the cats or in Maicofred's family room with his computer and coal stove. Bring some mud machines and get some laughs. Maicofred will roll out his 02 520 just to stay ahead of Eric, anything to run with the KING OF ALL MOTO- MEDIA-ERIC GORR.
Respectfully,
Wes Gilbert

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
YEEEE-HAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!

Looks like I just may be able to make this one after all!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Numbers

About how many will show up for the ride. If you have not checked out the Paragon website do it. The trails look outstanding. My bike has about 1/2 mile on it and I think it will break in nicely at Paragon.:cool:

flyinzuki

Jan 27, 2001
A quote from Paragon's website

"after seeing a lot of rattlesnakes in the area, it's been called Rattler. All the rockcrawling trails are prone to rattlesnakes" :scream:

This is going to be exciting...who's bringing the antivenom?

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
NO wild animal can touch me!! I eat rattlesnakes live and drink their venom for good luck . I am king of the woods! I fear nothing!

I..........I.........I........... I gotta go, my mommy is calling.

P.S. Is it the 17th yet?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
OK. Here’s the schedule for the train leaving from Binghamton :)
Feel free to meet up with us in Binghamton, NY or Dunmore, PA or at the Exxon in Hazleton

7:00 AM in the Lowe’s parking lot on Upper Front Street (Rt 12).
Directions: From North: I81 to exit 6. Left onto Rt 11 to light. Lowes is right in front of you.
From East: Rt 17 East to I81 North. Take exit 6 and turn right. Go to 4th light, Lowes is on the right.

7:20 AM Leave Lowes parking lot. We can consolidate bike’s and trucks if anyone wants to.

8:20 to 8:30 AM Arrive at Dunmore exit (old exit # is 55) off of I81. Meet in the Burger King parking with Chief and friend. Grab something to eat.

8:45 AM Leave Dunmore and head out for Paragon

9:45 to 10:00 AM Arrive at the Exxon station on Rt 924 off the Hazzleton exit.

10:00 AM leave for Paragon staging area

Unload and ROOST!!!! :aj:

BTW, snakes don't like bikes. Too much vibration and noise
:)

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
As far as BK,

I hope they still have the 'BIG BREAKFAST', 2 eggs, ham, homefries, and a bagel. Top it off with a pepsi for under 3 bucks. Where u Goin?

On a related note, may we hit a rest area with facilities within 30 minutes of BK? :eek: :moon: :uh: :think :cool:

I have a snake bite kit and will bring it if I can find it.

Chief

Last edited:

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
If OffRoadWarrior is going to be kind and handycap himself to his KDX just so we can keep up...I'll just have to leave the 20 lbs. of NYS mud thats on my old Husqvarna to keep him honest....problem is I'll need some help to bump start it!:)

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Originally posted by Chief
On a related note, may we hit a rest area with facilities within 30 minutes of BK? :cool:
Chief

Now THATS an idea! :scream:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Not scared of the weather, just the wrath of Mrs. Woods if I did go. :eek:

Sunday will also be the first day for us to be alone with Jr. Woods since he was born. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by WoodsRider
Not scared of the weather, just the wrath of Mrs. Woods if I did go. :eek:

Sunday will also be the first day for us to be alone with Jr. Woods since he was born. ;)
We know why you're not going Bill. Enjoy the little guy. They grow up so darn fast as it is. Soon he'll be riding with you.:)

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
Hey Woodsman!

1) Congrats on the kid!
2) Dont let him grow up to take emblems off of cars on school property.
(There is nicer ones on the new car lots anyway!)
3) It was a bad head gasket on my chevy diesel, now its a broken head bolt
in the block.
4) Congrats on the kid!

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Trigger1911
1) Congrats on the kid!...
3) It was a bad head gasket on my chevy diesel, now its a broken head bolt
in the block.

Those 6.2's go through head gaskets after they rack up a lot of miles/hours. Use a straight edge to make sure the head and deck aren't warped, or you'll be doing the same thing next year... don't ask me how I know this.

Top Bottom