oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My sister is organizing a national Mountain Bike championship race at Alpine Valley (East Troy, WI) and in order to prep the track she asked if I could get some dirtbikes out there to run the course. It is a 5 to 6 mile loop which is in a hilly terrain with woods and some sections which cross the ski runs. The idea if approved by Alpine Valley is to go out on the Monday or Tuesday (June 10th or 11th) before the race and loosen up the ground. There may also be a need for a couple bikes to lead the Pro Race on Friday (13th). This is all strictly volunteer but is a chance to ride Virgin (well almost- WOLF already beat us to it) trails.
If anybody is interested let me know and as soon as she gets permisson I will post something more definate.

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
I'm 7.5 hours away, so I can't help you with this one. If we could run drag races straight up the ski hills, I might be interested :p

B

biglou

Dave-Is this a NORBA National? Cross-country? Downhill? Dual-slolam? MTB'ing has got to be the second coolest sport going. If you get a chance, youshould go to the race. Very cool atmosphere. Kinda like DW. And there are just some genetic freaks running around! Incredible athletes. If it is a national race, there may be a trials competition also. Insane bike control! Check it out. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Let me ride it when the bicycles are on the trail and I'm in :p

B

biglou

They have the "Lead Moto", which is a guy on an XR or something similar riding a few yards in front of the lead bike. THAT has to be one of the coolest jobs in the world!

Top Bottom