lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
Trying to keep the CR85 from becoming a dying breed in the expert ranks in europe.Need tech help to compete in the "anything goes if you can pay" class.Don`t want to change brands as I have to much investment in the CR but must face reality. Anyone know of a good web site that is trying to save the beast also?
thanks

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Not sure if I'm reading your post correctly but are you trying to run this bike in an open class against the big bikes? We have a local intermediate level (last step before pro) here who runs a CR85 Expert bored out to 105 in the 125 Class. He is an excellent rider who is on the small side and never felt comfortable on the big bikes. Alas no matter how much cubic $ they throw at the bike he can't compete at that level giving away so much power.

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
What I meant was that the information swap over here is very limited because everyone is switching to the the new suzuki & KTM.Out of the 142 riders in his class only 3 Honda riders. Therefor the dealers and aftermarket tuners are not putting effort into the CR. The class we race in is called 85cc 12-15 year old, the is no beg-int-expert, only age matters and no tech inspections or restrictions on the bikes.
thanks
George

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I have never had any problems with the power output of my CR. But I have made modifications. A Phathead Cylinder Head will increase compression hence more low end. Boysen reeds are always a good call. I have a Moose Torque Spacer inbetween my carberator and and reed block, more low end. I put in a 122 main jet and 52 pilot jet. I have a wiesco piston. An FMF Fatty makes great power. I added 3 teeth to the back sprocket. I have a UNI filter too, but I'm not sure how much that helps. I hear that the Wiseco Complete Crank kits complete with hot rods and connecting rod are pretty good upgrades. Other than that you can bore out the engine, but remember, an 80 is an 80. You will never get any real torque out of it. But keep this in mind, its the rider not the bike. RIDE RED FOREVER!

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
been there-done that 3 years ago.you run a 58 tooth rear sprocket on a 80, I`m curious. Anyway thanks for your imput and time and hope you get out of that hospital soon
thanks
george

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
been there-done that 3 years ago.you run a 58 tooth rear sprocket on a 80, I`m curious. Anyway thanks for your imput and time and hope you get out of that hospital soon.
ps. want to buy a semi trailer full of outdated CR racing parts-cheap!
thanks
george

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
Actually, I'm running a 51 tooth sprocket on the back. I dont want the semi trailer, but I might want some items in it. PM me, give me a few more details about it.

Over and Out,

Top Bottom