Missing the down slope of the jump..help !

aharoncross

Oct 22, 2001
Hi guys
I ride on an easy supercross style track and found it difficult to direct the bike to land on the down slope of the table jump.
On this track , most of the jumps are simple table jumps (45-55 f) that throw you high in the air, the table is flat and lower then the taking off ramp , the down slope is short (6-7 f) and it’s easy to miss .
If I jump it short I will land hard and most of the time the bike will bounce over the down slope.
If I over jump I will definitely going to crush, (landing from 18~20 f high to flat ground without enough forward speed) .
Landing on the down slope is smooth and clean, but usually I afraid to over jump and that lead to short jumping and hard landing.
Any one can help on this issue.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I was doing something very similar on a similarly sized tabletop until a friend enlightened me with a simple fact: Landing flat at the end of the tabletop requires the same launch as landing smoothly on the downslope with the front end down. I was jumping it perfectly, but worrying about a hard landing and pulling up on the front of the bike...causing my back tire to lower and making me land 7 or 8 feet sooner.

For me, it was simply a matter of getting the front end down and *keeping* it down until I landed.

Good luck with it and let us know what (if anything) helped.

aharoncross

Oct 22, 2001
Thanks guys
O.K, I mange to clear 3 jumps and lending smooth, ther is one with very short down sloop and I still can't clear it , except one time but I was going to fast when lending so I sweep out the corner.
Thanks Gomer , I am using the rear break to lower my front end and I am getting better every time (PRACTICE) :aj:

motoman542: What you mean by "shove your front end into the face of the jump " ?,face of the jump = the take off ramp ??

Thanks

Top Bottom