moderators & DRN Support Team invade Fox Valley Off Road

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
moderators & DRN support memebers invade Fox Valley Off Road

old guy, big lou, okiewan, ttr guy, gospeedracer, sfc, kevinkdx,zoomer, and hope i didn't miss anyone are here now.(thursday),,,......offroadr, nikki, red, pokie, eric, rich, etc......and more are headed out friday and saturday.
www.megacross.com is where the info is at for directions, follow the Fox Valley off road links. kind of a mini spode deal going on.....
come out and ride if you have time........

wardy

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Whoa,,,,,,,,,,,:eek: it would be worth the trip, just to be able to see all the stretch Limo/bike haulers and the assorted entourage of the Mod Squad in one place. :cool:

Sounds Fun.

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
okie was playing around as was many of the others with the camera's. I have a laptop and going to see if it will handle that kind of stuff to post up, at this point my laptop is a hynduai, those cameras(ferraris) likely have more ram!

wardy

ps anyone that is close and want to come out and play is welcome.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
:( I'm sorry I can't make. I would love to meet you all in person.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
"Alright so what you need is a CD port and Polish, then what we're gonna do is lube all the keys for quick response" LOL

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
Originally posted by 326mx
"Alright so what you need is a CD port and Polish, then what we're gonna do is lube all the keys for quick response" LOL

:confused: Silly,,,,,,, don't forget high octane Race Gas!

Stop by Taco Bell for a #5 ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
the kid and I just got home and it was 3 days of riding and bench racing equalled only by Dirtweek itself. BigLou had the most photos (My head and body were cut off in most of them as he was shooting for BigLou elevation:p
it was alot of fun but would have been even better if a few more would have staggered in

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I totally agree OldGuy, awesome 3 days! Speedy and I just got home a couple hours ago, everythings unpacked, the bikes are clean and the powerwasher is in its rightful home. Don't know if the ride/weekend reports will be in this thread or a new one but after some rest I post what I remember. Oh yeah, we got some GREAT pics!

Wardy, - Once again, a huge thank you for everything! We can't wait to do it again.

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
.........................(OldGuy).....alot of fun but would have been even better if a few more would have staggered in [/B][/QUOTE].... I saw a tired bunch "stagger" out this afternoon!!!

Rich would have loved the (kidney shaped) oval.... where Offroadr was showing us how woods guys do it in gravel.

BigLou took a bunch of great pics which he'll post in due time.

Wardy, we enjoyed your place and your hospitality; we shall return!

wardy

Nov 12, 1999
hey guys AJ rolled in 45 mins after you all left...............go figure!
thanks for coming out you know you are always welcome!!

wardy

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wardy,
Had a most enjoyable time at your fine establishment! You be da man!

I think there will be some very nice shots posted soon. I was highly impressed with BiggestofLou's & TTRGuy's photography work!
"Y'all gonna enjoy this one emensly"

BTW....Wardy, EVERY district needs a person exactly like you involved!
(it's very obvious that marketing fluff and non-participant BS just don't cut it with the Wardster!) You rock my man. Thanks again.

B

biglou

Ditto all of the above. Wardy, thanks man. That was above and beyond. What a great time. I am just now finding some bruises I didn't know I had. I pulled in about 945 last night, unloaded the bike, threw the dirty gear into the washroom and just pulled the truck into the garage. I am just now starting to work on the pictures, and I will try to hack a video together. If it's less than 3-4 meg, I will try to email it to Okie tomorrow from work and see if he can post a link to it.

The short version: Incredible time rivaled only by my DirtWeek trips.
The long version to come. I'm gonna log off now and start hacking at the pics. Okie said he was going to create a new photo "forum" for these pics so that's where they will go.

Eddie and everyone else-I will burn a CD with the full-size pics just as I took them, and also the video clips and I will add in the finished "Movie" provided I get it to work correctly!

Stay tuned, more to come by noon. :)

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
I had to wait till this morning to thank everybody for a really great time!! (my computer is in the lower level,....and I just couldn't make it down here! OUCH :scream:
Wardy,....ya got a great place down there, Thanks for everything.
Okie, thanks for setting this up, great PRECOOPERLAND RUN! :aj:
Had a really great time, cant wait for October!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
That was a good time! Was great to see everyone again, a really great bunch of people. Got in at about 4 yesterday, parked the trailer and fell asleep, lol. Lot's of clean-up today... somehow, I ended up with more mud than most. Hope Zoomer's feeling better, I told you that double/triple combo was a killer! I've got to go back down there just to finally pull the trigger on that thing.

Thanks wardy, fun place, I'll be back.

Come on DirtWeek!

B

biglou

Pictures going up right now. Give me some time, I'm on a dial-up. Keep hiting "Refresh". I've got a bunch. I think I got some great shots of everybody. There are about 25-30 shots that I am going to put up. After that, I will go to work on getting a movie hacked together.

B

biglou

Wow! What a weekend. It's weekends like these that restore your faith in humanity and help you to remember that there are just some really great, selfless folks still walking the earth.

I left KC at about 11PM Wednesday night after a futile attempt at getting some sleep. I had about 475 miles to go total. Made it until about 3AM and had to stop for some shut-eye. Back on the road at 530 and rolled into Wardy's at about 9. Found Oldguy and The Kid along with Wardy's "pitbull", Corey! (The youngin that works there). We visited for a bit, wondering when others would start to roll in, then decided to hit the track. Things were a bit muddy from the previous night's rain, but not bad overall. I came out of an "S-Turn" to see oldguy pointing to the right, since he was stuck hubs deep in a giant mudhole! I had a few front-end skids from overuse of the front brake, but nothing too major. Around 11-12, TTRGuy and Speedy as well as the infamous SFC Crash were on sight. For the rest of the day, crash and myself proceeded to put on a free clinic in MX riding. Block-passing, over-shooting berms, falling down with style (you gotta flail your legs as you roll down either the front or backside of a berm ). I hit the ground more times on Thursday than I think I have for the entire year up to this point! What a great track to work on your turning, whoops, off-camber corners and flat-tracking skills! The whole time I am riding, I am thinking back to Wardy's MX school at DW00! I am thinking, "THIS is why he was telling us all that stuff!" Make no mistake, Wardy is all about turning. That's where the money is. :D

First night at camp was an absolute riot! I can't remember how many time I almost shot beer out my nose and had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Bench racing is an artform unto itself. I think we all studied well at bench-racing school!

Friday saw the arrival of Offroadr and Pokie. Pokie being the factory pilot, just had to show up and take off on the already-prepped bike! We eventually made it up to the flat track area for some back-sliding, 5th gear WFO action. Talk about a hoot! Rich, I wish you and the CRF would have been there. I wanted an idea of where my motard skills stand. Offroadr pretty much owned everyone else in that arena. No way we could catch him up there.

Back at the MX track, crash tries to bully me in my favorite corner, the one that ate my lunch countless times the day before, and some how managed to crash underneath me! I put my foot down, and felt nothin but the "Death From Above" (or is that Death From Below?) WZ426! Then, Mr. Offroadr, on Okies 250F, proceeds to repeatedly bump me in the corners, driving me over the berms, scaring me with his tail-whipping turns, etc.! I finally had to let him around, seeing how he pushed me so far outside over a berm that my back wheel was over the berm while the front was still on the track! That and I was laughing so hard I could hardly see straight! Why is bumping people around on the track so much fun?! I think I see a 250F in his future, too. He couldn't say enough good things about that bike. I tell you what, these woods guys, sheesh! Thinking they can ride MX. :eek: :D

One last night around the fire, lots more bench racing, and we called it a night. Saturday was going to be a cleanup and go home day, but as usual, we all found ourselves out around the track for just a "few" more laps and some more photo and video oportunities. We quit around noon, and within two hours, I think everyone had headed out. Just an amazing time. OT putting on the "Energizer Bunny" show on Saturday, riding for 90 minutes at race pace non-stop. Simply amazing. Nikki and Red were giving the free clinic on Friday. I did manage to hold off Red for about a half lap by moving in front of him every chance I got. He finally passed me and my favorite corner got him, too! :p So I retook my lead for about another half lap! Then I had to pull off to rest!

That's about all I can type. Great time. Everyone there was just super. The Zoomer clan-Now that is how a family should be. I think Mike's got some future MX champs on his hands! Wardy-Thanks again. Can't say that enough. Way cool for letting us come in and tear the place up. :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by BigLou
We eventually made it up to the flat track area for some back-sliding, 5th gear WFO action. Talk about a hoot! Rich, I wish you and the CRF would have been there. I wanted an idea of where my motard skills stand. Offroadr pretty much owned everyone else in that arena. No way we could catch him up there.

Great Louu , make me feel worse about missing the fun. :whiner:

When I found out mid-day Thursday that our infrastructure wouldn't be in place in time and I would be working on Friday I was bummed beyond belief. :( I figured if Wardy was running the bulldozer there would be plenty of wicked fun turns. Riding my mountain bike in the woods Saturday morning just wasn't the same.

I even had my YZF dirt track wheels staged so we could bolt them to your's or Zoomer's bike for some sideways fun. :|

Thanks for all the effort Wardy.
I talked to OT this morning and he loves your place, so I know there are more Fox Valley road trips on the horizon :)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Thanks Wardy - We all had a great time. The worst part was the depression that set in as we stated to pack up and drive off.

Top Bottom