rsrxc700

Jul 5, 2000
I just bought a Ford E-350 extended high-top van (ex. ambulance) and want to set it up for hauling bikes and overnight sleeping.

How are you guys tying down the bikes in your vans ?
Anyone want to show off the interior? I am looking for ideas and pics!!!!

Thanks!

rsrxc700

Jul 5, 2000
I only paid $1000 for it and it is in pretty darn good cond. I had been looking for an extended van for quite awile and could not pass this one up!!!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
The most "space freindly" method I have seen requires no wheel chokes (that you wack your head on in the night while trying to sleep). Simply wheel the bike up to the front corner of the van (or back corner, your preferance), cut the bars full lock and jam the front tire into the corner. Now pull the back around so it is tight up against the wall. Run one tiedown from the bar to the center of the van (pulling away from the wall) and one over the seat to the foot peg from the side.

This way the bike is tucked in nice and tight to the wall and you have all the rest of the floor for gear or sleeping.

UD24

Mar 6, 2002
What about a Water tank stash...
I have a 250 extended van with a one ton suspension which used to carry alot of weight, and now it will be sitting empty, (which also will raise the height of the vehicle) so
thinking about incorporating a small 30-40 gallon tank some where with the set-up,( 300- 400pds to keep the van sitting nice) like to have it just ahead of the rear axle or two small tanks both sides, who know's of this creation?
clean off the mud, and put it all back in......
looking to insulate my baby as well

rsrxc700

Jul 5, 2000
They used the Ford van chassis for RV's and campervans and they have tanks that are underneath, maybe you could find some used ones.

Top Bottom