jfletcher

Nov 11, 2001
I'm buying a ford E250 extended cargo van to convert into a bike hauler. Was wondering if anyone has converted one of these and if so what advice they may have.
What can I use for a divider wall and how to mount it inside the van?
What about secureing cabinets, lighting in the back, water storage, etc..

Thanks for any input guys.

Murf

Dec 31, 2000
I know someone who built a wall directly behind the front seats, Put down a plywood floor in the back with a linoleum covering, and put a couple of Bike Shoes in. He said the Bike Shoes were the best thing he did.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
My buddy had one of those, he made a wall up and on the seat side he had a single bed for when he slept at the track and still had enough room in the back for two bikes. He made tie down things on the walls, and used zip ties on the front brake to hold it in place. seemed to work pretty well.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Originally posted by blackhawk468
used zip ties on the front brake to hold it in place

Yikes. Didn't the van have an emergency brake? Why didn't he put it in park?

With the wall behind the driver any fumes would stay with the bikes and suspicious eyes couldn't see what you had in the van. The bike shoes sound like a good idea since you need soething to restrain the bike from fore and aft movement anyways, the same shoe can take care of side to side.

If I built something like that, I would try to rig up a heater and a mini fridge. Maybe one of those miniature dinette deals the old camper vans had that even included a sink for washing air filters in. Try looking at a conversion van site for these amenities.

On the van, go 3/4 or 1 ton and as long as you can find. White in color.

Top Bottom