Feb 25, 2001
Just curious for those of you that have the larger diesel motorhomes and pull trailers. What is your fuel milage? I was looking the other day into getting a F-650 fun mover with the CAT diesel and the back end is a trailer space....the sales man said you get about 4-8 MPG....I thought that wasent very good for those large engines I thought they would be a bit more fuel effecient I drive diesel pickups all day and pull small loads (6-10K pounds and get around 14MPG ) what are you guys getting in your motorhomes? Also the guy said you cant make a #2 in the bathroom? why not? If I am paying $170,000 for a motorhome I sure as hell better be able to use that bathroom for all its worth? Whats the point in having the bathroom in the motorhome if you cant use it when you really need it you have to stop at a gas station to go. Im having second thoughts about motorhomes to because I would be the poor SOB driving it all the time I couldnt be watching tv while taking a trip to the races or napping while driving. Maybe a 5th wheel is better afterall?

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
The reason for the poor MPG would be wind resistance. Those trailers sit up pretty high.

As far as taking a #2, there is NO reason why you could not do it while someone else is driving. I do it in my class C. In fact that is the great thing about the RV. You don't have to stop every time someone wants to use the head.

Feb 25, 2001
Well from what I was told by the sales man....a #2 would clog the system...me not knowing anything of this type of vehicles I am taking everyones words seriously as I think I am actually learning the truth.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
Same basic head thats in our travel trailer im assuming......there are some tricks like filling the bowl with water but its not an issue......its kinda like starting a four stroke.....once you get the drill down its not a prob:)

minidadmwmx

Apr 13, 2002
After spending $170000 on an rv and with poor mileage at todays gas prices I doubt you'll be able to afford enough food to make it neccessary to to even use the head.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
I dont no much about RV's seeing how I'm 14 but have been around them alot and will tell you what I know. The 4 MPG seems a little low My grandma had a 32ft bounder class C motorhome with a diesel pusher motor (she now has a class B 21ft 'mini winny'). The bounder got around 8-10MPG (when towing there car about 5-8MPG)and would cost $100+ to fill the tank and that was about 3 yrs ago (with gass prices now forget it!). You CAN take a #2 in the bathroom just use alot of wather when flushing. And yes motorhomes are expensive there fleetwood bounder was upwards of $280,000 :eek:. If you have any questions ask me I might be abel to help.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
poppy-****! or i should it be poopy-****. I own 2 motorhomes and I'll make a #2 in either one of them anytime I want. Heck, one of them I use for my band and believe me when I say 5 guys in an RV for 2 1/2 days at a time and the toilet will be blessed many times by a #2.

Irishcoffee is right, you are suppossed to use a "biodegradable" tissue but I usually don't. Put a little water in the bowl when you flush so when it's time for the big splash there's enough water to get things started.

Both of my RV's are gas. The 32' gets about 5 1/2 to 7 mpg empty and 4 1/2 - 5 pulling a 16' trailer with 5 guys. (The trailer is heavy)
My 31' bounder gets better milage but it's newer. I've only pulled the 16' trailer once and that was to DW. Normally I pull an 8' trailer in that one.

Don't take this the wrong way Honda Pilot, if you're looking to spend 170k on a motorhome, the last thing you need to worry about is fuel milage. I was always told if you need to ask what kind of milage a Rolls Royce gets, you can't afford it. Should you get an RV, enjoy it, use it a lot and make as many #2's in it that you want. Be sure to put the anti-stink blue stuff in the holding tank. ;)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Sheesh what a line of crap IMO! hehe. Its the brand of TP and the chemical that makes all the difference. Take your favorite paper and put in a glass of water if it breaks down in an hour your fine. Also remember that the chemical treatment breaks down EVERYTHING in that tank. Spend the money on quality treatment. If you buy BLUE Aquachem you will never have a problem. Thats going from 30yrs of motorhome experience! I have left my blackwater tank in 90degree temps for 2 weeks and never had a odor problem either. Its good stuff

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
My 34ft Class A gets 9.5-10.2 mpg in normal driving without towing. Usually my 12ft enclosed has little impact on mpg unless I am bucking a wind. I have seen it as low as 7.

Top Bottom