SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Hey all,
I'm looking at getting a new mountain bike this fall when they're put on sale. I ride trails in the Rossland area, which is some of the best riding in Canada/North America. I'm looking at mainly Norco bikes but I'm open to other brands. The three main bikes I'm looking at are the Norco: VPS 4x4, VPS Atomic, Sasquatch. My price range is $2000 CDN or less, preferably less. Thanks in advance.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Specialized builds some excellent bikes in all price ranges. BTW $2000 Canadian isn`t that about $700 in US funds. ;)

Steve

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I'm looking at Rocky Mountain but they cost more for good bikes. Norco is made in Canada, and the head office is in Vancouver, BC. Anybody have any opinions on the bikes I've listed?
splatt- I've heard bad things about Specialized so I'm not going to get one of them, no offense to anyone who does have one of these bikes, but I have heard of problems with them. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Specialized Enduro FSR is a Killer Bike. Cannondale Gemeni is also Sweet. Norco's are cool as long as you plan on only going DOWN Hill. Maybe a Giant XTC. What kind of riding are you planning to do?

What did you hear "Bad" about the Specialized bikes? I've been riding them and Selling them for the last 8 years. They rule! The first Manufactured Mountain Bike. It's in the Smithsonian..

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`ve been riding Specialized for years with absolutly no troubles what so ever. I`m a 240 lb guy and the only trouble I`ve ever had was getting the right springs for the suspension and tearing up tires.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my first "real" mountain bike was a specialized, no problems whatsoever. currently, i have a marin rift zone. lately, i have lost interest. i never ride anymore. i just ordered a new computer. hopefully, that will help me get enthused again.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Around here people just don't go for them and many of my friends have had problems with parts breaking. Also, good Specialized bikes cost a lot of money. The primary brands I'm looking at are: NORCO, Rocky Mountain and Marin. My uncle has a Marin East Peak that's really nice, and he can get me a good deal at the local dealer. I know the Norco/Rocky Mountain dealer quite well and can usually get a bit of a discount. What models for Rocky Mountain and Marin are good freeride/fun bikes. I ride intermediate to expert trails and want to get into tougher stuff but I need a better bike. The Norco VPS Atomic and 4x4 are the highest priced bikes I'm looking at. Thanks.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I can attest to the Marin Wildcat Trail. Adjustable travel from 8"-10.6". My brother got on the podium at every race of the BC Cup downhill series while he was riding one! It is a single pivot design, so there isnt much mechanically that can got wrong. Over all a great bike. Comes stock with some pretty wimpy tires and rims, but they will work fine for the time being. The fork is also fairly good for free riding/light downhill racing/riding.

Top Bottom