Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
So for those who haven't heard, I've relocated to Los Alamos, New Mexico. New job, new state, etc. Man was that ever a long drive from New York. :ugg: Not to mention that LoriKTM is still in NY:(

But I'm here and I finally got my furniture out of my trailer so I can get to the important stuff. The Bikes! I'm debating, do I ski or do I ride.

We're gonna miss all of our Damn Yankee Dirt Rider freinds but hopefully we'll see them at Dirt Week. Or if any of them feel real ambitious they will be welcome come visit once we're finally settled.

Hopefully we'll hear from some of the NM local DRN's who are would be willing to show a couple of die hard trail riders where the good riding is. We'll even promis to not fall down too much. :)

Wintermute
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2+2=5

for very large values of 2.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Weather a little different? :)
Good luck to you guys down there!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I won't be able to ride for about 5 more weeks or I'd offer to get you lost.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Wintermute said:
I'm debating, do I ski or do I ride.

Hopefully we'll hear from some of the NM local DRN's who are would be willing to show a couple of die hard trail riders where the good riding is. We'll even promis to not fall down too much. :)

Wintermute
2+2=5

for very large values of 2.

Welcome to the land of Entrapment!

GO RIDE! We haven't had much snow this year. In fact, its been more like fall/spring temps. lately here in Albuquerque. Although, I hear they are calling for snow tomorrow.

I don't know anything about riding in Los Alamos. I ride at the end of Southern Blvd. in Rio Rancho on Thursday or Friday mornings. You have to be careful about Private Property though. Some people don't mind as long as you stay on the trails, but some mind very much. Let me know if you ever want to join us for a ride.

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
Weather a little different? :)

Uhhh, YEAH!:nod: 300+ days of sunshine a year. Should cut down on the number of mud rides.:)

I won't be able to ride for about 5 more weeks or I'd offer to get you lost.

I guess I'll just have to ski for 5 weeks or so until you're ready to ride VD. Descision made. That was easy. Have you been to the trials only area that is over in the Jemez?

Wintermute
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a bird of prey.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I've been to their BLM area in San Ysidro, in fact I was actually in the trials club for a while, back in the early 90s. They keep going pretty much year round. http://www.nmtrials.org/

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
Sandjunky, I've got to know, what kind of job do you have that you can go ride on Thursday and Friday mornings?

Wintermute
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I'm a gunea pig for a major pharmicutical company. Funny, I just posted in the "What do you do for a living?" thread. I work a compressed work week on nights, so I get Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and every other Saturday off. I'll be done with my Bachelor's at the end of Feb, so hopefully I'll be riding much more! Woohoo!

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
Unless you're planning on staying in school don't count on it. For some silly reason corporate employers expect you to show up for work instead of riding.:coocoo:

Wintermute
Obey gravity, its the law.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Wintermute said:
Unless you're planning on staying in school don't count on it. For some silly reason corporate employers expect you to show up for work instead of riding.:coocoo:

Wintermute
Obey gravity, its the law.
No, I have a full-time career. I work 3 on 4 off and 4 on 3 off every other week so I actually get 2 weeks off per month without using vacation. When I'm done with school I will have more time to ride on my days off because I won't have homework anymore. :cool:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow! I didn't know you guys were leaving us!

Congratulations on the move! From what I hear (from Rooster) that's a GREAT place to live!

Wintermute

Jul 7, 2005
Wow! I didn't know you guys were leaving us!

We did an OK job of keeping it quiet considering that it took a little over 4 months between my interview and actually starting the new job. I really couldn't advertise the fact that I was looking for a new job because of the management position I held at my old job.

No, I have a full-time career. I work 3 on 4 off and 4 on 3 off every other week so I actually get 2 weeks off per month without using vacation. When I'm done with school I will have more time to ride on my days off because I won't have homework anymore. :cool:

Sweet work schedule sandjunky! I was happy to find out that the new job lets us work 9/80, nine days and 80 hours in two weeks with a three day weekend every other week.:)

Wintermute
In a battle between an elephant and a rhinoceros always bet on the bannana.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Sandjunky said:
Welcome to the land of Entrapment!

Cute. I hadn't heard that one yet! :)

And if you plan any rides soon, Mr. 'Mute, you'd better let me know so I can fly out! You have MY bikes there as well! :(

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
LoriKTM said:
Cute. I hadn't heard that one yet! :)

And if you plan any rides soon, Mr. 'Mute, you'd better let me know so I can fly out! You have MY bikes there as well! :(
yep living all the way across the country and she still thinks she is in charge :nener:

Congrats on the move I can not imagine going that far we are looking at about an 80 mile relocate and it looks awefully imposing :bang:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Wintermute said:
Sweet work schedule sandjunky! I was happy to find out that the new job lets us work 9/80, nine days and 80 hours in two weeks with a three day weekend every other week.:)

Wintermute
In a battle between an elephant and a rhinoceros always bet on the bannana.

Are you working at LANL?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Congrats! We will miss you at the Paragon rides.

We used to live in Espanola, my dad worked at the Labs there for several years.

I still want to move back there some day ...

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man Dave, I was secretly hopeing the job would fall through :ohmy: I always had a good time riding with you and Lori no matter how much I complained about your torture trail rides!

We'll miss you for the Spring ride. I'm glad everything worked out for ya...good luck!! :)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Good luck Dave and Lori,

I can't express how much I'll miss you two on the Paragon/Damn Yankee rides. You were among the first DRNers I met. Remember Modena? Remember my submarine impersonation? Remember the first,second and third Paragon rides, before they had an office or staff? Remember the ride with the Canadians? I'm sure we'll still have fun. It's hard not to when we all get together. But you two hold a special place in my memories. Not to get sappy, but you two embody why we should ride. To have fun, to challenge ourselves, and to inspire others to do the same. It just won't be the same. :(

I told DRock(Dave) that you were moving this past weekend. He's all broken up. He really enjoyed Dave's "C'mon, it's not that bad. . OK, it's a little gnarly, but lets go anyway." riding attitude. Who else is going to put him on camera and tape him hitting a tree :think: OK, pretty much anyone can do that. Bad example :). BTW, he still wants a DVD of that crash.

Good luck in your new job Dave. I wish you and Lori all the best. I can't think of any two people who are more deserving of good fortune. Just don't forget about us Yanks while riding in that mudless State they call New Mexico :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congrats Dave!!!!! Lori, you gotta get there soon so Dave will not have to EXPERIENCE Moab alone :p

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
:( Oh gosh, you guys are gonna make me start crying!

PK, Yes, yes, and Yes. I remember all those rides. After Modena, I was hoping all DRN people were going to be as cool and funny and nice as you. If I still happen to be here in April, I may try for the Damn Yankee ride. I still have my "spare" bike here, and I'm contemplating ways of stuffing it in the Subaru...
I'll be in NY until our house sells, anyway. And we do have Dave's crash. Wintermute has nothing much to do in his evenings these days, so maybe he'll be motivated to put that on DVD. I take that back. He has already made a whole new Paragon DVD, that includes the crash. He just wanted to do some tweaking before he sent it out.

And you never know. We've been known to drive for two days straight to go riding at Dirtweek with a buncha people we've never met before. We may just have to make a little trip back east for one of the Yankee rides at some point. As long as it's dry at Paragon. :laugh:

Tony, no WAY is Dave going to Moab without me. I have a KTM with a trials tire that is just dying to take on some Utah terrain!

RMGuy, I'm going to have to turn over my "Roost RMGuy" trophy to another deserving candidate. ;)
You'll always be my favorite target, though. :nener:

And remember, the garage will always be open at our new homestead in NM, for any visiting Yankees. We'll make sure we scope out all the "fun" trails ahead of time. :p

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I agree with everythning PK said but I wouldn't have been so gay about it :debil: I remember the Modena ride, we met for breakfast at Friendly's that morning in Binghamton. That was probably most memorble ride because we all met for the first time. It was, "Let's drive for 3 or 4 hours to ride with folks we had only met on the internet!". I have met so many good friends since then and I hate to see them go.

Top Bottom