Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We all know what goes on at DW. Lifelong friendships and endless memories made. A REAL community of human beings all coming together for a week of what some of us phrase "the way the world should be". Not because we get to ride for a week, but how we all get along, how we help each other... how parents can feel at ease with their kids riding all over the place... the list is endless.

This year, there was a moment that truley touched all of us. I thought I'd share the vid we have, so everyone else can be inspired by it.

All I can say about the Gomer clan is I am proud to call you my friends and You Mike, ARE MR. DirtWeek.

(I kept the quality a little low for everyone, it's only 1.3 megs and WORTH the time to download)

http://dirtrider.net/dw3gomer.wmv

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Wow... glad someone got that on video! What a very special award presentation (and an awesome family)! :thumb:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The Gomers are for sure a special bunch. HLG himself might be considered "special" in that short bus kinda' way but then he goes and pulls a presentation like that off while barely able to walk. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Very cool indeed! I can't think of a better recipient for the award.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll remember that presentation forever. I was cryin like Richard Simmons at a baby shower.

The Gomers are what it's all about. :thumb:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
That's too cool, wish I could have been there to see it.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by smb_racing
That's too cool, wish I could have been there to see it.

Your not alone, I got to feel the "Gomer's" spirit a little while my bike was(still is) out of commission for the DRN ride at Turkey Bay. He offered his ride to me if anyone was headed this way from Down East. :worship: Mike you are the man and Lori the woman!

I have made some tenative plans to make it down there this Spring, and that is just another reason why I need to.

Mike if we don't get to ride and all it is is a visit I would consider it a trip that is more than worth it :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I wouldn't miss it for the world my friend.;) You guys rock.:aj:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I'm wondering if it's bad for my image to get all weepy at work like this ?

Thanks for sharing that with us.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Yes, Lori is an incredible Lady. I really enjoyed talking with her after my crash. She didn't have to sit with me for 45 minutes making sure I didn't pass out or have some sort of episode from my head injury, but she did. The Nylands are SUPER nice people and I look forward to meeting them again and I will. :thumb: :thumb:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

I'm wondering if it's bad for my image to get all weepy at work like this ?

Do what I just did, I said I got smoke in my eyes, Lots of smoke :o

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
NOOO. . . it wont let me watch it! Is there a way u can post it in a diff. format pleese! I realy wanna see what every ones talking about.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
I have windows media player its not quite workin. . . ? Lem me try this again.
edit: Still keeps saying unable to establish connection to server. Hmm. . . ill try again later I guess . . .

Last edited:
B

biglou

Monkey-Right click it and then click "Save Target As" and save to your hard drive. Then watch it. That should work.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
You'll note the camera man got a little vaclempt there at the end, lol.... I doubt there was a dry eye in the house.

Still not a dry eye in the house.&nbsp; Best "hug" all year for me.

Top Bottom