JMD

Jul 11, 2001
A bunch of us are going to Muenster Saturday the 14th, in the big meadow. Maybe I'll finally get to meet YZGuy.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Got a physics final from 2-5. Maybe another time...

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'm due for a ride. Not sure of my options this weekend though. I'm best man in a wedding on Sunday, so I might be too busy. If I can go, I need to be back by early evening. Stay tuned.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Eric, physics is a breeze. Half the mass times the velocity squared, 32 feet per second per second, E=MC2. What else do you need to know. Mail it in and come riding.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Not the problems they give us. Here's a little taste of some of the ridiculous crap.

So you have block moving at velocity Vo along a track with kinetic friction constant u and initial acceleraction Ao. The mass passes through a frictionless "loop-the-loop" (think Six Flags rides) of radius R, and exits the loop with velocity V1. The block travels on the track for Xmeters until it hits a spring with spring constant K and goes back towards the loop. What is the velocity of the block when it is at the top of the loop the second time.

Easy my butt. Class averages are routinely in the 50's. I'm in the library right now trying to prepare for this crap. I'm actually not sure what day it is... I've been in here too long. I know that it's gotten dark outside twice.

You guys have fun and remember me while you're roostin it up.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
The forecast is for heavy thunderstorms overnight Friday night. How is this place right after it rains? Does the soil drain quickly or is it a mudhole for a couple of days...I've had enough mud for a while... :|

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It's sandy, so it doesn't get as bad as clay, but it gets muddy and slippery, no doubt. I don't mind riding the mud, but I hate the cleanup. Still, I'll go up and take a look at it. If it's pouring when I get there, I'll probably go home.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Eric. there are a few things I'd need to answer that essay question. First, is the block made out of any kind of magic material with strange properties? Because that can throw everything off. Second, is anybody riding on the block, like a really fat broad? Because even though it might not make any difference to the answer, a thing like that can really be disgusting. Finally, where can I buy a frictionless loop like this, just in case I ever need one? See? They never tell you the really important information. Well, good luck anyway. Catch you another time.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
yzguy15 said:
So you have block moving at velocity Vo along a track with kinetic friction constant u and initial acceleraction Ao. The mass passes through a frictionless "loop-the-loop" (think Six Flags rides) of radius R, and exits the loop with velocity V1. The block travels on the track for Xmeters until it hits a spring with spring constant K and goes back towards the loop. What is the velocity of the block when it is at the top of the loop the second time.

Answer: Who cares, look to the side going through the loop, and see if you can spit on someone way behind you.....

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
JMD said:
Eric. there are a few things I'd need to answer that essay question. First, is the block made out of any kind of magic material with strange properties? Because that can throw everything off. Second, is anybody riding on the block, like a really fat broad? Because even though it might not make any difference to the answer, a thing like that can really be disgusting. Finally, where can I buy a frictionless loop like this, just in case I ever need one? See? They never tell you the really important information. Well, good luck anyway. Catch you another time.

Good point JMD. But you forgot that you have to calculate in the friction constant of motion lotion used on the disgusting fat broad riding on the block. And .... if any of that stuff drips on the rails......, your calculations are useless. She will derail on the second loop.

I am going to attempt a Saturday escape to Munster. Wish me luck. I will try to show before noon.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
yzguy15 said:
. I'm in the library right now trying to prepare for this crap.

I'm calling BS. You're actually in the library screwing around on DRN.

I just call em like I see em man. Good luck with the Physics.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
evenslower said:
I'm calling BS. You're actually in the library screwing around on DRN.

I just call em like I see em man. Good luck with the Physics.

:p

Hey, you can't study 24/7. Gotta go check out the forums every few hours to stay sane. Back to Calculus... ugh, I hate integration...

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Gene-O: I did get it. Thank you very much. The pics are great--the rattlesnake looks huge is some shots. Nice quality to all the pictures. I haven't had a chance to look at the GPS maps yet, but I have downloaded the program. That was very nice of you to do. Are you riding Saturday?

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am still looking good for tomorrow. I may even get out of here early tonight so I may show up earlier.

I still have a few pictures from the Oakie Mountain Trip. The is a slight problem. I gave them to my wife to drop off a Wall Mart and I have not seen them since. We are still looking for the film.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
We'll be going early in the morning....looks like the storms will be overnight, so maybe enough drainage will occur to keep the mud down.
:cool:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Saturday was amazing. It was a little muddy in the morning, which was big fun. I love that place when it's slippery. My 739 on the back was a little sketchy in the morning, but as the trails dried up a bit it worked fine. It was a great day. There was a big gathering of guys I know, including Seldon and his son Benjamin, Mudd Slinger, and a big crew of Darryl's friends. I had immense amounts of fun, and put on about 42 miles. Thanks for the great ride Randy, Seldon, and everybody.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaa. Munster sure is fun when you mix in a little mud and slop. It just gets better. That was some great riding. Thank everyone for the good time and work out. :worship: It will take a couple of days to work out the soreness. :rotfl:

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
You know, I bet we passed each other at some point out there....you guys weren't the group with the "Texhoma Racing" trailer were you?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, that was our crew. I have the big white van and open trailer. Sorry we missed each other. Maybe next time. I'll probably be there again Saturday, unless I hit the Kiamichis.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I had a blast as well. Managing my project at work as been super-intense. I really needed some hours blasting around on the trails to work off some stress. It was very effective! :-)

The weather was great. My son Benjamin had a lot of fun as well, although he still gets cross-eyed sometimes looking at very rocky uphills. He's learning very fast.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon, Benjamin did very well out there. Always fun to ride with young riders, who learn so fast. Give him a year and he'll blow past us with ease.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
planning to get out thee labor day weekend. Stay away b/c I am bringing the wife, daughter and some four wheeled beasts! Seriously, if anyone is there on Sat/Sun, look for the 'Mo crew, we will be parked somewhere around the old showers.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
JMD said:
Yeah, that was our crew. I have the big white van and open trailer. Sorry we missed each other. Maybe next time. I'll probably be there again Saturday, unless I hit the Kiamichis.

Great...now that I know what to look for...can't miss that trailer....it's going to be a bit before I can get out there again though. I'm going out of town next week thru the Memorial Day weekend, so I have lots to do around the house this weekend, and will be out of town next...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom