GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Hey guys,

Now that it's cooling off, I'm itching to do a little camping out ride at Muenster. If anyone is interested, I'm able to go anytime between September 21 and Oct. 2. A 2 day or so camping trip and bike bash sounds like fun. Tony, Gene, Seldon, Randy, Jim and anyone else is definately invited.

I would be just as happy doing this at Barnwell if anyone wants to go there. For those of you who have never been there, it's a great place.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'm up for it, at least on a weekend. I'm not planning to ride this Saturday unless it cools off into the 80s, but after that, I'm good to go. We should also plan another Kiamichi trip once it starts to cool off a bit.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Muenster or Kiamichi sound fine; maybe a combination -- ride Kiamichi Fri. and Sat., then hit Muenster on Sunday if we feel like it. I'm pretty open. My wife is out of town that week, so let' ride the wheels off 'em.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
I'll have to see about the date range you're talking about. I'm definitely going to Muenster on Saturday. Either with my son Benjamin, or with my 3 sons and perhaps both of my daughters. My wife might come and maybe we'll bring the grill.

Seldon

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
This weekend were talking about, I was really only looking at either Muenster or Barnwell. Kiamichi sounds fun again but I was referring to a later date. Sorry for any confusion. Jim, are you still interested in doing Muenster or Barnwell the weekend of Sept 23,24,25? Really, if you've never done Barnwell, you should come try it with us. The perimeter loop alone is 19 miles not counting the many, many other great trails, many of which are like Kiamachi. Either way, I'm good for Muenster or Barnwell this coming weekend (23,24,25) and even Kiamichi but at a later date. :)

Zapped

Sep 14, 2004
Ghostrider: Called Barnwell and they are still open on Fridays. I should be good to go this Friday. I called Robert about Saturday and we may be good to go then too.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Looks like I have to work at least a half day Friday, so I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I'd definitely like to ride somewhere this weekend.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
How will I find you guys? I'll have a large white van (I am, after all, a large white man), and a couple of orange KTMs and a blue Gas Gas.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
You cannot miss us. Theres only one way in and out. You can meet us at the entrance where you pay or at the pavillion which can be seen from the entrance. I know your a large white man in a large white van, and I've even seen you with your orange KTM's but no blue Gas Gas yet. :) Really, if you want to go, we'll set up a time to meet at the entrance. :) I was gonna stay with Zapped at his house but if you want to come and make a 2 day trip out of it, we can camp out, Zapped might even join us. :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
The only thing is, I have to work until noon Friday, so I couldn't be there until 3 at the earliest. Still, that would leave us a few hours to ride, I guess. We could camp out and ride Saturday, too.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Darren/Jim,

Sounds like fun at Barnwell. I'm trying to find a way to make it there Friday and/or Saturday. I'll let you know.

Seldon

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
JMD said:
The only thing is, I have to work until noon Friday, so I couldn't be there until 3 at the earliest. Still, that would leave us a few hours to ride, I guess. We could camp out and ride Saturday, too.

Sounds good to me. :)

Seldon, hope to see you there. :)

woodsguy2000

~SPONSOR~
Apr 24, 2001
Ghost, you still up for a Cycleland trip? I am a little iffy on renewing so would need to go before end of October.

email me!

Rob

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Darron,

I'm definitely coming up Friday morning. I'll be able to ride the day, but I'll have to leave in the evening. What time do you expect to start Friday? When does Barnwell open?

Jim: my email address is sagiff@verizon.net.

Seldon

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
I think Barnwell opens about 8am. I'll try to be there between 8 and 8:30. Mark normally gets there about then as well. Jim, you gonna make it?

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I want to go. I am shut down until I finish my shop. It will be worth the down time when it is all done. I would still like to do an overnighter to Barnswell again this year. There are some single track trails in the back sections that you guys need to check out. Rocks were not bad once you find the trails. Good mix of soil conditions with a little mud thrown in (at the time at least). I am not sure how to find the area without some looking It was in the back area at the end of a dead end road. The trail started down over the drop off next to the fence. Nice tight winding trail.

There is also some of the GNCC track that can be found also. It was chewed up last time but it but very challenging. It ran along the top of a hill and sections were whooped out.

GhostRider32

Feb 10, 2004
Yeah, I hit some of the GNCC trail myself. I figured out why there racing for money and I'm not........

Jim, I'm guessing your are planning to camp out correct? Seldon, are you returning home Friday night? Randy, wish you could make it.

Top Bottom