RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Could they have picked a more obscure channel? It might as well be on pay for view. This sucks.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
It's an expansion of last years coverage where the first moto was live on the internet and then second moto's were on Speed or NBC. This year same setup plus the first moto's will also be on Fuel TV so for the few that actually have a cable company that carries Fuel they now have an avenue to record the First moto's, for the rest of us the coverage is the exact same as last year.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah I just read that. As long as it's still on Speed (2nd moto at least) I'm OK...I guess.

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I've enjoyed the "inside the outdoors" series on Fueltv. good stuff.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
While I think it's good that SX/MX is getting more coverage (live and next day) I think CBS is hung-up on a "show" rather than a race. Too much "inside the racers life" and commentaries. I think us racers/riders would like to see a more race-oriented coverage.

If tuning in to see a race, I wanna see a race. Leave the commentaries and "the personal racer" stories for other programs.

All in all though, I'm glad it's televized... maybe things will improve with popularity.

I like watching the GNCC coverage, but woods racing isn't exactly a spectator sport (my wife didn't like coming to my HS races... what, see me for a second or two, every 1/2 hour?... and when I do stop for fuel and goggles I'm all wound up, crabby and "Come on!... hurry, hurry, hurry!" :aj: )

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
While I think it's good that SX/MX is getting more coverage (live and next day) I think CBS is hung-up on a "show" rather than a race. Too much "inside the racers life" and commentaries. I think us racers/riders would like to see a more race-oriented coverage.

I think they are trying to Nascar the sport.. I hated watching Nascar, because of all of the teaching, every single race.. I mean, damn, how many times do I have to hear them explain "push"..

And the "inside the racers life" thing isn't even my biggest complaint.

They could stop watching the 15th place guy for 7 laps. They could perhaps not switch off a couple of guys who are racing and about to take each other out, just to check in on the leader who has checked out and riding safe. They could listen to the two idiots they hired to talk about the racing and actually put a camera on the guys they are talking about.

Never ever show me what's going on in the pits of a Supercross race.. I don't give a damn.. I also couldn't care less about the mechanics area at any race. Especially watching the back of a mechanic as his rider goes past. Show me the rider going past..

I don't give a crap what the crowd looks like. Unless I want to gasp in awe at the lack of a crowd at a race, and wonder to myself why they even bother going to Jacksonville, if only 500 people are going to attend. Pick a city that can sell out an event.

And I'm sure given time I can think of a few hundred other reasons why the current TV coverage sucks. They seriously need to hire a crew that understands MX and the fans.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Who would rather watch the first lap of the race than someone remounting from their first turn slide-out?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom