breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
I have an 2000 YZ250 that I love, but the seat is so narrow that it is killing my a$$. I'm 42 years old, (that may be my biggest problem) and I ride trails and a track that is in poor condition so my butt gets pounded. I need a wide seat, my son's seat on his KX85 is wider than mine. Any ideas where I can get wider seat foam?

Nov 25, 2006
That particular bike has a very hard, very narrow seat, and it will harm anyone over 40 years of age. There is no helping it, so you might as well sell it to me for $100.

I know you can definitely buy a soft seat foam, but wider? Not sure. Let us know if you find something though.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I second the gutsracing seat, I put a "soft foam" one on my KX and got rid of the stock plywood that the bike came with.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
oldguy said:
Maybe try a pair of padded Bicycling shorts under your gear?
I've considered implants:moon: but I think I'll go for the seat! I don't call my YZ the 'roid maker for nothin'.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
bclapham said:
stand up!
I do until the knee's give it up!
Originally posted by 4thGearAndPinned
What is 'roid maker?
Ride a YZ in the woods for a couple of hours and you'll have your answer!

breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
4thGearAndPinned said:
That particular bike has a very hard, very narrow seat, and it will harm anyone over 40 years of age. There is no helping it, so you might as well sell it to me for $100.

I know you can definitely buy a soft seat foam, but wider? Not sure. Let us know if you find something though.
I will gladly sell you the seat for $100. email me your shipping address.

B

biglou

The Guts soft foam is the way to go. You can try drilling vertical holes into your stock foam, also. Cost = a few staples to put it back together. :)

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
just strap a gel seat cushion to the bike seat.. i added soft foam to mine and seems to help.. yeah those stock seats suck on long rides....

91kx

Mar 6, 2004
You might want to see if you can find a96 or 97 seat foam somewhere.I remember when yz seats became more rounded. I think it was about 1998.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
DGS. - diminished glute syndrome. Hank Hill had the same problem racing in the lawnmower races. He got some prosthetic inserts and he was good to go. He didn't win the race, but he did beat Dale (his goal). :)

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
is that seat solid blue, or is it black an blue?

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I made the mistake of putting a gripper cover on my '00 YZ250 ... it's not even a 'roid maker anymore, it's a 'roid remover :whoa:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Rooster said:
I made the mistake of putting a gripper cover on my '00 YZ250 ... it's not even a 'roid maker anymore, it's a 'roid remover :whoa:
I can use that right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes:

breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
Rooster said:
I did the same thing. When my softer seat foam gets here I am going back to the old slick bue cover.

aaronc70

Sep 20, 2006
Rooster,
Standing by for an update on your seat foam. I've got the same problem on my '05 yz 250. Did you get the Guts soft foam yet? If so how's it working? Thanks for any help.

Aaron C.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Aaron - I'm not putting any new foam on mine, breezeair is the one doing that.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
aaronc70 said:
Rooster,
Standing by for an update on your seat foam. I've got the same problem on my '05 yz 250. Did you get the Guts soft foam yet? If so how's it working? Thanks for any help.

Aaron C.
I bought an extra seat and will be ordering the tall/soft foam. My 'roids are so bad right now I can't ride. Doc said if I don't have some major improvement in the next month it will be time for surgery:yikes:. Talk about a PITA:moon:!

Top Bottom