breezeair

Feb 8, 2006
The soft seat foam I got from Guts racing seems to be very good quality. It has helped some, but I think the shape of the seat is the biggest problem. My Kawasaki seemed to have a flatter seat across the top.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
BSWIFT said:
My 'roids are so bad right now I can't ride. Doc said if I don't have some major improvement in the next month it will be time for surgery:yikes:. Talk about a PITA:moon:!

Not very funny. Roids will take you out if bad enough. I'm talking no driving, no sitting for long periods, and definitely no riding. Surgery is the best answer they have if they keep returning. Don't let the doc tell you the rubber band type surgery is painless! Couldn't move for two days. Worse than knee surgery.

Hope your feeling better.

cawkazn

Uhhh...
Jan 22, 2007
:beep: :beep: :beep: wide load j/k

have you ever seen those like soft gel pad things you can put on mountain bike seats and stuff? they probably make something similar for a dirtbike i am thinking

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I ordered the tall/soft foam yesterday, $65 shipped. I won't be able to ride for several more weeks, fissures. No rubberbands for this.

hunt4steve

fat guy on a bike....
Feb 5, 2007
HA, and I thought I was just out of shape this first ride (well actually I was). Man, my WR250F seat beat up my rear end too. I have another seat that goes with a larger tank. I'll give this a try before putting mo' money down for seat upgrades.

I did try to stand more often, but as it was stated above, the knees start to give way and them I'm just a noodle hanging on to the handlebars.....not a good situation. :think:

aaronc70

Sep 20, 2006
I got one of the GUTZ soft seat foams for my 2005 YZ250 and its a lot better than stock for soaking up bumps. Also added a little extra foam to the back of the seat (between the pan and seat foam) and have been wearing motorcycle/bicycle shorts with padding. Its a world of difference from what I was dealing with before. I definetely recomend it.

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
You could take the seat down to the apholstery shop and have them put some more and softer foam in it. They cut the foam perfectly and staple it and everything. It's not too expensive either, where I live I can have it done for about 60 bucks.

Jordan

Top Bottom