KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Well, a group of us from Louisana, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri have been planning a trip to Muenster 4/11-4/13 for months. Now we find out they are to be CLOSED that weekend. :debil:

I have ridden Draper in the past and had a great time. How is it now that part of the riding area has closed?

Also, I've heard of the 500 before. Is this a public area? I guess its closer to Stillwater but how does it compare to Draper?

We're all kind of paniced now trying to agree on a place we can all meet without adding to much driving time for anyone. THanks for any input you all have to offer.
Greg

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The 500 (Stillwater Motorcycle park) is just a few miles from town(6 or so) You have to have a permit to ride there. $25 for the family for a year. You can get them at Coopers Bike on main street around 5th street if memory serves me right.

It has a maybe 30 miles of trails. You can run a 20+ mile loop without seeing the same trail twice. alot of single track trails, some more open. There is also a SX style motorcross track. It is usually not prepped and is a hard packed sucker when it is not prepped.

I guess draper has more trails than Stillwater. Stillwater does not have the sand that Draper does.

I prefer Stillwater over Draper, but others in our group like Draper best, so I guess it's a prefernce thing. Stillwater is my second favorite place to ride anywhere. :)

Last edited:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I'm not certain what trails they have closed down. Send a pm to "Lorin" he can give you alot more details about Draper than I can.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql

I prefer Stillwater over Draper, but others in our group like Draper best, so I guess it's a prefernce thing. Stillwater

i'll take the 500 anyday. it has everything i'll ever need.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Draper still has some decent mileage, but I'm not sure for how long. Seems as though the people running the dozers like to cover the trail entrances and exits with debris. Even so, there is still some good riding to be had there, although it wouldnt be too hard to become disoriented once you get a little ways from the car. If it was any other weekend, I might be able to show you around, but I will be in TX that weekend. The concession \ marina has some maps available that show the available riding area, but some of the better spots are already shown as closed. Its hard for me to reccommend riding Draper without someone showing you around. The 500 in Stillwater is about 45 miles up the road from Draper and is easily navigated (most of the trails come back to the parking area).

KLX300Greg

Nov 17, 1999
Thanks Lorin. BTW, I think we met a few years back at a spodefest Frank put on. There was a poker run the same weekend at that south area. That was a cold weekend in December, if I remember right.

At any rate, sounds like we are shifting to an Arkansas riding area that some of the other guys found. Thanks for the replies, I really had a great time at Draper, even in the cold. I've wanted to get back there ever since and was hoping this might be the opportunity. I'm sure my little e-trex GPS would have worked well enought to find my way back.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I remember that trip to Draper!&nbsp; I won the Mamba that day! :)&nbsp;&nbsp; Where are you guys going in AR?&nbsp; I've riden Wolf Pen Gap and it was a nice ride.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Yep, I remember that weekend well. It was mighty cold, and there was a fairly decent sized group in attendance. Anytime you feel like taking a trip to Draper (other than this weekend), give me a shout and I can probably get some good riding together.

Top Bottom