TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Okay just had some questions that would help out alot for those of us who are new "NOOBS" and haven't been to the Farm before. Yes I know "Darn Noobs" :nener:
Anyways the first couple are from my wife and I.....please feel free to add to the list if we missed any.

1. Are there any restroom facilities near by or do we dig a hole for those of us using tents?
2. Is there a store near by to buy items that we know we will forget to bring?
3. Can we build camp fires on the Farm, if so do we need to bring our own wood?
4. The area to camp in, does it have trees close by to hang stuff from?

Well that about covers it.........Sorry for the noob questions, just wanted to have an idea before we start that way. One last question....Directions to the Farm

How do we get to the Farm from Tulsa area?

That about does it, thanks for your time all........Lee & Crys

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The porta pots have been ordered. There are trees around. You are welcome to build fires, lots of wood lying around. We will have one big one. The place is nothing fancy just a good family place to ride. Its private so there won't be any idiots around, except for the heartland spodes. :laugh:

From Tulsa take the CIMMARON turnpike. Exit at the Pawnee exit, go north three miles to the little green state highway sign "Lone Chimney Lake" Turn west go two miles on dirt road to T. Turn right go north go .2 mile or so till you cross a bridge and come to another T turn go left two and half miles to three miles or so. (You will go around a couple of turns go past the water treatment plant). When you reach an asfault road, turn left on dead end road go south one mile, turn left(really only option) go one mile east. only house on left hand side, make uturn go through gate into pasture, turn right after going through gate follow little road through pasture.

After all that, I'll tell you there'll be orange arrows up from the highway. :)

The nearest store is 1/4 mile past the exit on the turnpike, You can loop around on the turnpike.
Email BSWIFT@dirtrider.net for a phone #. :clue:

TreeTalker

May 8, 2004
Thanks for the info, that is exactly what we needed to know. Now tell me this, should I bring body armor for my first ride as a Heartland Spode??? lol

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
We will be "initiating" a few select riders. :laugh: It's been awhile since we've had a ceremony. :laugh:

We will also tell all new farm riders where the pond is. MXer's have the strong desire to jump this little jump we have. Problem is it's not a jump but a pond dam. We've only had one bike end up in the water :clue:

I keep telling everyone the place is nothing fancy. I enjoy it but I've ridden there for thirty years.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
justql said:
We will be "initiating" a few select riders. :laugh: It's been awhile since we've had a ceremony. :laugh:
I keep telling everyone the place is nothing fancy. I enjoy it but I've ridden there for thirty years.
I've been riding there three years and I enjoy it. See you this weekend. :aj:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Man, i wanna go................yall have a big time and justin, you need to eat an extra helping of bbq for me and dont forget dessert.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
Mary's suggested reserving the grass track for the beginning/slower riders, for a safer place to ride.
Of course, that will not allow the 'cow-chip' variant of the initiation to take place....

B

biglou

Could someone describe the mx track for me? Yeah, I'm a track queen. I don't wanna get my purty new bike and my GWB's all muddy out in them thar trees... (just kidding, I'll go tag a few trees with you guys...)

btw-I'm definitely in as long as there's not a 100% chance of thunderstorms according to the NOAA website. If the weather looks real bad by Thur-Fri, I'll just stay here. Otherwise, I'm looking to be on the road early Sat morning. Maybe by 3-4am, arriving there by 9-10.

Also, would it be faster to maybe come down I-35 instead of 71-44-412? Is this in Kansas or OK?

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Lou,
The best way for you to get there is I-35 to the Cimmaron turnpike, to the Pawnee exit. Follow directions from Brians post from there. There'll also be orange arrows. It's in North Central Oklahoma.

The mx track is a small practice track. VERY easy jumps. Only like 7 of them, all are easy. It probably will not be prepped very well. It is really dry. It has grass on it most in places. If I disc the grass we'll be riding on three inches of dust.

The MXers can tell you more about it in moto terms.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
biglou said:
btw-I'm definitely in as long as there's not a 100% chance of thunderstorms according to the NOAA website. If the weather looks real bad by Thur-Fri, I'll just stay here. Otherwise, I'm looking to be on the road early Sat morning. Maybe by 3-4am, arriving there by 9-10.
Last year we awoke to a torrential downpour for about 30 minutes Sat morning. We had stayed in Blackwell. They got wet at the Farm but by the time we arrived, at 1:00pm, it wasn't bad at all. There was some water in the creek, but we got most of our mud going on the roads in between the trails....

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i tried to post my map but it wouldn't let me since i posted it last year. maybe someone could do a search and post the link? i don't have much luck with searches.

lou, the track is a beginner-level track. nothing difficult or dangerous yet still fun. you'll like it, excellent dirt too. anybody bringing an extra bike, preferably a motocrosser? sawblade, you coming?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There will be a bike for you MX547 and I believe that Sawblade will be up on Saturday.

B

biglou

OK, last directions question, I promise: What exit is the Cimmaron Turnpike? Whereabouts is it once inside Oklahoma? How far/Exit number? Head West on it? I can't find it listed on Mapquest anywhere. Thanks.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Directions. From OKC go north on I35 to Hwy 51 (stillwter Exit) head east on 51 go through Stillwater. About 11 miles east of Stillwater Turn North on Hwy 108 (Hwy 108 does not go south, be careful, this turn is easy to miss) Go north on hwy 108 through Glencoe. Go two miles north of Glencoe. Turn right head east on county (paved )road. Go east 4 miles, turn south (past deadend sign) and go 1 mile south, turn east(only option) go 3/4 mile Brown farm house, white garage, red barn on left side of road. gate sits at a 90 degree angle to road. Go down road and circle in around the circle drive and come back through the gate. Once throught the gate turn right head through the pasture. Orange arrows will be posted from the highway on. gate is NARROW but you can get a semi through it.

From Tulsa get off of turnpike at pawnee exit. go north to LoneChimney Lake sign turn west, go west two miles to t intersection, turn right head north go around curve over bridge turn left at t intersection after crossing bridge. Head west about 2 miles, you'll go around two turns and past a water treatment plant, turn south go south 1 mile, turn left go east 1 mile. Brown farm house with garage beside road. Gate sits at a 90 degree angle to the road, go through gate turn right go through pasture.

From I35 take Cimmaron Turnpike east, exit at Morrison exit onto hwy 64, head east on hwy 64 5 1/2 miles to hwy 108 (highway 108 goes south only)go south 4 miles (i think) to Lone Chimney lake sign turn left go east four miles, turn south 1 mile turn east 3/4 mile.
or Take Cimmaron turnpike to pawnee exit and follow directions listed above(from Tulsa)

Follow arrows from highway.

The following should link you to a map of the vicinity. Notice Glencoe in the left corner of the map. If you are coming from OKC you will come through Glencoe otherwise you won't. The farm is located near the "y" on the blue "Lone Chimney lake" at the end of a two mile long dead end. Notice that the county roads do not all go through.

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/attachment.php?attachmentid=3821

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom