zookieman

Jul 7, 2003
Hey all, I was looking for some help with my bike setup (2003 RM250). It's mostly stock outside of the fatty pipe, and FMF turbine core II silencer.
I want to make it more woods friendly. In the wider stuff it's ok. But when I get in the tighter stuff it is a pain in the A$$. I find myself idling through the corners, and clutching to keep it alive. I'm thinking of adding a weight (10 oz.) and also getting a new chain/sprocket kit. Does anyone have any suggestions for front rear sprocket combos? Any other setup tips are welcome. I'm posting this in the MI section because WE ride in MI and I figured we all know the trails here and what the best for OUR woods are. I'm riding the Jackpine for the 1st time and want to have my bike setup for it. Any help is appreciated.

Ride fast take chances.
Zookieman

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Zookieman,

I raced an 03 RM250 in hare scrambles a few times in 2006. I really liked the bike in the woods. The one I rode was pretty much stock like yours. I don't have any advice for the engine and I am sure you have bark busters and all. Set your suspension pretty soft for woods riding and get used to the motor. Ride it in a higher gear in the tight stuff - it's not a lugger.

Have fun :cool:

GOBUCKS

Mar 12, 2008
Depending on how much you weigh I would run even bigger flywheel.. I would try a 13oz. and go a couple bigger on the rear sproket.. Steahly off-road makes a good weight. Dirt Tricks makes some really good sprokets also.. They are a little more money but last forever and have a year warrenty.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom