zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Just got some awesome news. My bro-in-law & nephew are coming with me to DW!!!

He's 11, avg height, skinny kid. His skill level is def. beginner, but he's been on a few tracks. He just doesn't get to ride with me enough to build his skills. He's very atheletically inclined, so I'm afraid he'll outgrow the PW in a matter of a day or two. Do any of you dads think we should consider upgrading before DW?

I know he'll make friends in a few hours, and we'll never see him much after that. Is his bike going to hold him back at all? Do I consider surprising him with a new ride? I want him to have the absolute best time. But I wouldn't know what to get him. I know he's not ready for a full-blown 80 MX'er. Besides, we ride trails mostly.

Am I making too much out of this? I just want it to be the best time of his life. I love this little guy. :thumb:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Average height at 11 is what?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by zio
He just doesn't get to ride with me enough to build his skills.

You have skills?  :)

Maybe an KLX110 or TTR125 or XR.  I'm not sure how tall he is.  Can he ride a bike with a clutch?

Great news!  They'll have a blast.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Zio,

I will have my DR100 with me. He is more than welcome to use it. Perfect learner bike! My wife has already...umm....earth tuned it a few times. ;)

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
I will most likely have a YZ80 with me. It is set up for a similar kid. he is 11 and is a beginner. If I bring it, he is welcome to try it out.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Zio I think it would be a perfect time for him to demo ride a few bikes to see which on fits him the best. Chances are that my son who just turned 11 will be there with his 2001 XR80 so there is yet another option for him.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great news, they'll have a great time no doubt, even IF they are related to YOU.;) I think Pleaser is offering rides on his fitty too.:p

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Zio we will likely have Troy's 99 KX80 with us and I'm sure he will be spending the majority of his time on his new 125 trying to get acclimated to it so your nephew's welcome to give it a whirl as well.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Zio - your nephew is more than welcome to ride either Wendy's tt-r125L or her kx100.

a.&nbsp; she can not ride both at the same time.

b.&nbsp; she's usually busy doing things other than riding.

What is his height?

The kx100 is pretty smooth compared to an 80mxer.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Maybe try to hook your nephew up with Anthony Westergaard, they're the same age I think? Anthony could probably teach us all a few things.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Speedy has freakish middle body strength, don't listen to her.;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by gospeedracer

Why not, at 11 he's probably about the same size as AJ. :p

LMAO!

Top Bottom