bigzuMER

Jun 11, 2008
Was up everyone i just got my 02 yz125 today and i am wondering if there is anything i should check for or do to it. This is my first bike ever and tomorrow will be the first time i have ever rid one.

i dont know how to pull up the pic i have it saved on my desktop? Help anyone

flying flea

Mar 18, 2008
You should read up on mixing premix into your gas at the right ratio. Jetting might have to be done. You should clean the airfilter ( located under the seat) every few rides, or after every ride if you ride in dust or sand. The chain should be kept in check and lubed often. I check tire pressure and spokes once in a while. Good luck with your new bike and ride safe. :cool:

btm1948

Jun 4, 2008
i would aslo get a manual for the bike it makes doing the every ride maintance stuff easy if you dont realy know what to do or what to look for and it will tell you every thing you need to do to it to keep it running great. but ya def. make shure you mix your gas right if you need to go to a dealer or a local motorcycle shop cause if you get it wrong you can damage your engine.

jjearl

Jul 19, 2008
after first ride, CHANGE OIL!!! when the engine breaks in, a whole bunch of shavings get into the oil(that is normal for all new bikes) good luck ;)

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
jjearl said:
after first ride, CHANGE OIL!!! when the engine breaks in, a whole bunch of shavings get into the oil(that is normal for all new bikes) good luck ;)

he said it's an 02, so it should be broke in already.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom