HarleyRider

Dec 5, 2009
Just found this site looking for info on maintenance on a Yamaha TT230. I'm probably too old to be riding one of these but we got my grandson a PW50 to learn on and told grandma we need to be able to go with him when he gets rid of the training wheels (he just turned 3) so I picked up a used TT230 (and got grandma a TT125 for Christmas--she doesn't know about yet)
Anyway I've got a lot of useful info about fixing my harleys-which I know you all know never need fixing--so I thought I could probably pick up some good info here too.
We live on a farm so we ought to have plenty of places to ride for now.
Steve

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the sport and to DRN, Steve.

Sorry for the delay in the welcome, but with Christmas and all ... well you know

My grandson got an XR100 for Christmas, so he just moved up from a XR50.

You will enjoy the 230. They are very capable and tame bikes all at the same time.

HarleyRider

Dec 5, 2009
Hi Tony. I had dirt bikes before, actually that was all I had mostly just to ride on the farm. Then I decided I was too old to fall off anymore so I've been riding Harley's ever since. I think I'm going to like this 230-it should be tame enough so I won't kill myself. Had a 500 Husky for a while and I'll have to say I probably could kill myself on that thing but every time I rode it I came back and thought "what a rush!" and that was just in our pasture! Think it will be fun riding with the grandson and grandma now though. Plus I told grandma that I think a dirt bike is good training for a big bike anyway-teaches you balance and handling on a bike you can hold up a little easier.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
harleyrider,

Welcome.

Where in Indiana are you from?? I live up near Fort Wayne.

Mully

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
HarleyRider said:
Hi Tony. I had dirt bikes before, actually that was all I had mostly just to ride on the farm. Then I decided I was too old to fall off anymore so I've been riding Harley's ever since. I think I'm going to like this 230-it should be tame enough so I won't kill myself. Had a 500 Husky for a while and I'll have to say I probably could kill myself on that thing but every time I rode it I came back and thought "what a rush!" and that was just in our pasture! Think it will be fun riding with the grandson and grandma now though. Plus I told grandma that I think a dirt bike is good training for a big bike anyway-teaches you balance and handling on a bike you can hold up a little easier.

Well then ... welcome back to the sport :)

Old is a state of mind as you know. I'll be 59 the next time the sun rises on my bday. It all gets better every year.

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
Started riding dirt at 45 thirty years after I left it for the road. I have now pushed past 50 (need to change my screen name) sold my road bike and ride only dirt. It is very addicting.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom