Bro-Daddy

Jul 20, 2000
I have seen the new Husky 450's on their website but have not heard any reports on them. The dealers, of course, say they are the best out there. I would like to hear some reports if anyone has some.

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The dealers are blowing smoke up your butt, they don't have a clue. It DOES look great on paper! I hope they are all they are cracked up to be, but nobody has seen a production unit yet.

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
The pre-production huskies have won many world enduro races so yes they are good machines and the production ones should be more refined. This being said do not expect one for a few months. Production is just starting so check with your dealer in late March. Personally I want to see the specs on the new 510. I suspect it will be a stroked 450 since Husky does not have money or time to design another bike.

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
Marcus haven't you read last weeks Trials MX news? There was an official announcement Husky is now back.Production started back officially last week.Berkley Heath motors in Gloucester has a production TC250 since last November.Huskysport has a TE400 & a SMR450.These are test bikes which if you ask nicely you may get a ride.
I am reliably informed that the DOHC bike are 6weeks away.

Taliesin

May 11, 2000
The 510 could be a NOX type top of the range limted edition supermoto machine.
Tigerowner nobody has the money to come up with new engine design all the time.Same thing with the NEW KTM 450 it's just a stroked 400 nothing new same with the 525 KTM.Same thing Husky did with the 350-410's 510-610-570 in the 1990's.Minor redesign.
I have info also that Husky has running prototype of a DOHC 630/670cc electric start single to replace the old 610/570.This will be then complete the new generation of Husky thumpers.

Feb 28, 2001
Taliesin, it's interesting to know that someone has actually seen one of these new Husky four stroke bikes. Over here in N. America, all we ever hear is promises from the dealers that they should be here soon. I recall that Australian Dirt Bike Magazine tested both a 250, and a 450, and claimed they were awesome. Has anybody on this forum actually rode one of these rare thumpers..??

tigerowner

Mar 3, 2002
Originally posted by Taliesin
Tigerowner nobody has the money to come up with new engine design all the time.

Just stating the obvious. Ferracci will post info on the 510 in the community area when they get it themselves.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom