danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
Just heard that the new indoor practice MX track is opening tonight. It is located just off of SR328 in Logan, OH. Check out http://www.wildwildernessmx.com for hours, etc. I haven't been there yet but am going tonight and will hopefully have some pics up on their site by tomorrow night.

Travis
02 YZ250

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
Travis there is a practice track down at jackson ohio hendersons arena complex that is open all week for practice good track and is 25 dollars to ride from 4 to 10 in the afternoons and from 10 to 10 fri and sat when they do not hold a race.

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
Went over on Friday and rode the new track. I must say it was a real good time. Rode about 4 1/2 hours off and on. The track is 6 lanes wide, has a couple of Double/Triple obsticles, a long set of Whoops, a small double and a Double/Double section. I did get some pictures posted on http://www.wildwildernessmx.com for those who are interested.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Hey danielst... Can you give me directions to the indoor track from cincinnati? i cant seem to map quest it! How far is it from Nati? Worth the drive? Is it busy?

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
Partially taken from Yahoo Maps...

Take I-71 NORTH Towards Columbus 93.1
Take the I-270 exit towards INDIANAPOLIS/WHEELING, exit #101 0.0
Continue on I-270 EAST RAMP towards WHEELING, exit #101 0.4
Merge on I-270 EAST 5.9
Continue on I-270 NORTH 2.4
Take the US-33 exit towards LANCASTER, exit #46 0.3
Merge on US-33 EAST 39.7
Take the 328 Exit. At top of ramp turn left 0.5
At light, turn right.
It is the large building on your right, has OhioHills.com on the side.
Turn into the gravel parking log, entrance to track is the double doors right next to the large overhead door.

Total Distance: 144 Miles

Can't say if it would be worth the drive to ya as I'm a woods guy, but I did have a good time riding there the other night. Good thing is, if you get there when they open you can get in 6 hours of riding. It wasn't too busy the other night but it was the first night. I will probably be over there sometime in the next week and will report back about how busy it is.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Hey everyone. I am planning on going on Sunday. Maybe we all should meet up there and ride. From what I have heard since it just open last weekend it hasent been busy that much. The indoor session is from 12-6 on Sunday's and we are planning on being there at 12... Keep me informed if anyone else is going.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
Does anyone know how long this track will be open? Is it just a winter thing? I would be interested in heading up there... but unfortunately this month won't work as I will be out of town every weekend until March. The track in Jackson is closer to Cincinnati... about 100-120 mi. Any more info on this? How long will it be open? I'm looking for a way to ride when it's this cold....

Thanks,
Andy

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
I dont know if jackson is practicing though. Is there a website for Jackson? This place looks pretty nice. As far as it being open towards the end of winter, I am not sure. Might want to call the track up and ask. I dont know alot of indoor tracks that are open during summer racing...

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Henderson's (jackson) does have practices, don't know when they are, I think thursday nights maybe. I'll as around and post back here.

GNCC387

Sponsoring Member
Apr 21, 2002
jackson is racing this weekend but all next week except for wednesday they will be open for practice real good track. www.hotrodsoutlawracing.com

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
MRK, the Hotrod racing web site says this for directions: "Henderson Indoor Arena Complex is located 10 miles West of Jackson, Ohio on S.R. 32, then ½ mile South on County Road 23."
32 heads basically straight out from the east side... just take 275 to get to 32 (depending where you are). Seems like it would be about 100 miles. There's some beautiful land out that way...

It looks like the Jackson track pretty much closes the beginning of March... so I guess I'll probably just wait until it warms up again to ride. I plan to start racing this year and can't wait!

Andy

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Not going to make it but I want to go there and check it out. Post a report on how many people were there and what you thought of the track. Have fun!!

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Bill, I def. will post a ride report. This track wasnt worth the $25 and a 3 hour drive. The track is so small! If you look at the pictures, you basicly no the layout of the track. Very SMALL. This track seemded so small, that I felt like i was riding on a pw50 track. I was totally dissappointed as soon as I walked into the "rundown" building. If you ride like an 80 or lest this would probably be a fun little track but for bigger bikes, it was pointless. After 10 laps and 30 minutes later, we left. Bill, dont waste your time. I wont EVER be going back. On there website they should actually show just how big this thing is because that way, people like us dont have to waste our time on it. as for being busy, it I hear is always busy and with the trackign being as small as it is, 6 bikes out there makes things impossible!.... Jump Jump Corner, JUmp Corner!!! I will stick with the outdoors in a few months!

stu182

~SPONSOR~
Dec 11, 1999
What do you expect for a indoor practice track? We went there and practiced for 3 hours. Got alotta ride time in and the guys running the place are great. But then again we didn't go there thinking it was a "supercross" track. Anyway I think it's worth the money and we will be going back. It may not be a big track but sure beats riding in the snow.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
I knew it wasnt a supercross tracking going into it. I saw the pictures man. I knew what I was getting into, I just didnt know it would be that small with so many people on it. Anyways, if it is close to you then I would go back to you know. And as for the people running it, I didnt have a single problem with one of them. Nice guys.

Top Bottom