Just got my new kit for a grand total of $1700.00

This sport is expensive I tell you.

So I got:
1. Gaerne SG10 boots (super comfy) $560.00

2. Arai VX Pro helmet (fits perfectly) $575.00

3. Alpine Stars Bionic Suite (This thing is awesome) $226.00

4. Von Zip Per Goggles (amazing and comfy) $73.00

5. Fox black and white pants (they look very cool) $133.00

6. 2X Fox Jerseys white and black and red and white (They match the pants) $35.00 each

7. Fox Gloves black and white (snug fit) $36.00

8. Alpine Stars Knee Guards (Could of got better) $41.00

This was my first kit buy so it was very expensive but hey now the fun begins.

Can't wait guys.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Yup, a lot of $$ right there, but hey, it's all really good stuff! That's protection done right.

Interesting lingo, never heard of moto gear called a "kit".

bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Yip thats South African lingo for you.

Yeah my brother is in the sport already and told me not to compromise when it comes to protective kit. Im glad I was in a possition to have that amount of cash on hand otherwise I might have gone for cheaper quality kit.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Your bro is looking out for you :cool:

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
Arai VX Pro helmet (fits perfectly) $575.00. HOLY CRAP!!! My wife would have murdered me. I got my helmet for $44 and thought I was getting ripped off! You do understand that if it is Snell and Dot rated it is exactly the same protection as other helmets. I do envy your setup and bankroll.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
02yz426f said:
Arai VX Pro helmet (fits perfectly) $575.00. HOLY CRAP!!! My wife would have murdered me. I got my helmet for $44 and thought I was getting ripped off! You do understand that if it is Snell and Dot rated it is exactly the same protection as other helmets. I do envy your setup and bankroll.
Tell ya what bro, if you believe that, more power to ya and best of luck.

bchuter

Jan 19, 2007
Yeah it is crazy what kit costs man, but I think we pay even more here in South Africa for the same kit you guys get in the States but it's like that with most things here.

As for the comments on the helmet, well im new to this sport and was told to buy the best helmet and boots if anything.

Well now I have to get bike protection too.... :think:
Thats gonna cost me and lets not forget the Pro Circuit Pipes going for $400.00 here :ohmy:

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Glad to see you got the protecion done right and Im jelous that you got that sweet of a helmet and boots I wish I could afford that.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ignorance is surely bliss. :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
02yz426f said:
I got my helmet for $44 and thought I was getting ripped off!

That certainly explains some of your posts out here. :rotfl:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
02yz426f said:
Actually, Snell means it has passed their tests, DOT means that the manufacturer might have tested it. Does it provide the exact same protection? The statement used most of the time is "meets or EXCEEDS". Also, you must include to comfort factor. The Arai helmet likely weighs half as much as whatever you are wearing, which means less neck fatique from holding it up. Also, this means that gravity won't be trying as hard to get his head to the ground. The aerodynamic improvements help the helmet flow through the air with less resistance, again with the neck fatigue. Finally, the improved ventilation will help keep his head cooler on a hot summer day.

On a side note, you might want to find out if your wife has a new life insurance policy on you. If your head isn't worth more than $44 to your wife, the lost of it may pay her well.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
No problem, you did make the right choice.
After I finished my post, I realized that a good analogy would be taking a job skills test (perhaps the postal exam). If 70% is the minimum to pass, and person A scores a 73% while person B scores 98%, who is better qualified for a job in that particular field?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
FruDaddy said:
No problem, you did make the right choice.
After I finished my post, I realized that a good analogy would be taking a job skills test (perhaps the postal exam). If 70% is the minimum to pass, and person A scores a 73% while person B scores 98%, who is better qualified for a job in that particular field?

Sheesh that's easy. Neither, the job goes to the guy that got 64% and is married to the union bosses daughter.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Chili said:
Sheesh that's easy. Neither, the job goes to the guy that got 64% and is married to the union bosses daughter.
I said who's more qualified, not who gets the job. We all know the most qualified usually gets the shaft. And the union boss' doughter's idiot husband's test somehow got lost. They'll have him retake it as soon as he gets a chance. :boss:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom